This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this an interesting idea for a book?
10-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Is this an interesting idea for a book?
Through out my senior year i kept a journal. in my journal i included real text messages, pics of facebook fights, twitter wars, and instant messages. It tells my real story of my senior year and it covers all my homecoming, prom, disneyland and in between drama and good times. i feel like not only would it be interesting for people to read for entertainment, but being bisexual i also went through so much drama and stuff. i feel like if i changed the names of the people and really put it out there, it could help others suffering and make them realize to not give up and that life does get better after high school. theres so much suicide in the world now. my book would give people a real inside view of what high school is really like. and it put jersey shore to shame lol. what do you think? i showed it to one of my friends and they loved it. but another friend said i shouldn't because of how personal it is. who doesnt love reading FB and twitter wars tho? it was an intense senior year and it made me so much stronger in the end.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 01:46 AM

I'm happy you made it through all the drama and good times. I would keep it for my private records and then someday, share it with your teens if/when you have children. Smile

Ads

I would read it and I believe many others would too. Go for it.

Yep

that's a great idea! i'm sure a lot of people will be inspired by that. as long as you are fine showing the world some of your private stories, i'm sure it'll be a hit!

aye, that's fine. It's like any other memoir fiction. Bridget Jones' Diary, Anne Frank's Diary, Diary of a Dorky Kid, etc. You could make it comedic like Bridget Jones...dramatic like Anne Frank, etc. It's almost a 'chicken-soup-for-the-soul' kind of fiction. It's all about execution. If you write it well, it'll work. If you preach or don't offer anecdotal narration...it'll flop.

But make sure you learn the craft of writing fiction. You don't want to copy/paste your journal into manuscript form. That would be a tedious read. You still need to alter the events just enough so that there's a clear plot line and characters. Give yourself creative license..don't force yourself to follow what truly happened in your diaries. Let your diary inspire you, not limit you, (don't feel like you have to follow everything that happened exactly as it happened. It's fiction for a reason..made-up. And leave out the tedious, silly events that do nothing to progress plot or character development).

Good luck.