This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are the internet has change in the last five or six centuries do yo think have been of greatest importance?
11-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Why are the internet has change in the last five or six centuries do yo think have been of greatest importance?
in speeding up the rate of social changes?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 06:00 AM

you know .........................................

Ads

Well back like 6 centuries ago... around 1492... Christopher Columbus didn't have Google Earth to help him navigate back then. Google didn't even exist. He had to rely upon various websites and things like Yahoo! search. That's why he was so confused when he thought he found Indians (from India).

If back then he had social media like Twitter or Facebook, people couldve told him he was going to find America. But Columbus's boat didn't even have Wi-Fi. And Columbus only had a MySpace anyways! Twitter and Facebook have only been around like 6-7 years.

So I think the greatest social changes have happened in about the last 8-9 years. Thanks to MySpace starting that trend...

Hope this helps!

yes, at least you would have known your ancestors by their names and photos.

Communication-I'm 48, it used to be if you really wanted to know something and did'nt know you had to ask until you found out or go to the library, now, I go to the computer and google anything in the world and know, I can watch a cam on a hawaii beach for hours if I want from my home.
I'm in the Army in Iraq, it used to be once a week you could call home, if everybody was there at the same time or if you could afford to call from far away places, now I chat from my room or skype, I instantly know everything that is going on back home, the comp internet is amazing.