This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly is a twitter novel?
11-13-2012, 05:53 AM
What exactly is a twitter novel?
I am not familar with twitter at all.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 06:01 AM

I had to look this up, because I hadn't heard of it. But I *have* given some thought to how to "twitterize" a book.

A Twitter novel, apparently, is a fiction book that is written as a series (thousands, presumably) of tweets.

(Twitter, by the way, is a social networking website/technology that allows people to post short messages about where they are and what they're doing. Other people can subscribe to or "follow" these "Tweets." Think of it like text messaging that all your contacts can view.)

The unique technology of Twitter allows an author to write the novel in real-time, so they can incorporate real life events into their story (like Michael Jackson's death or the Iranian elections, for example), giving it a more real feel.

http://www.twitip.com/how-to-start-a-twitter-novel/

I haven't caught on to the whole Twitter craze - it is another one of these social networking fads that will eventually fade away - but I do find the concept of 'bite-sized' information to be interesting and a larger trend, beginning with the 30 second commercial, the news sound byte and, yes, Y!A....

We are no longer a society that reads Plato. Perhaps we will soon become a society that reads Twitter novels...

Michelle

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply