This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone tell me what is the big deal with Clint Eastwood?
11-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Can anyone tell me what is the big deal with Clint Eastwood?
What happened and what did he said is he against Romney?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 06:01 AM

In fairness, it wasn't really Eastwood's fault. The RNC should never have allowed him to go on stage unscripted. It's astonishing that they just gave him free rein in a convention that was otherwise so heavily scripted and prepared.

Ads

I liked him in *sands of iow jimah"and 'da seerchers.:

What did he said, he said a humorous depiction of Obama and he is supporting Romney. Only Liberals dod not like it because it was factual about Obama.

SAVE THE NATION VOTE ROMNEY/RYAN 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-HqHSkYG...re=related

No big deal. Except he was the prettiest man you'd ever want to look at ,when he was young. Clint Walker too. I love Westerns.

He did a lot of spaghetti westerns and Dirty Harry movies, then he got old and tried to direct a bunch of boring films that the boring people who hand out awards liked.

Oh, you mean the RNC thing? Sorry, didn't watch it. I'm already voting against Obama, didn't need to watch the multi-day republican commercial. I won't be watching the democrats' multi-day commercial either.

He was given a free rein to ad lib his presentation and it was very funny.

The Obama and Empty Chair reference was very telling as Obama rarely spends time actually being President, and prefers to campaign. Since he got his "shellacking" in 2010 he doesn't seem to like the job much - other than trotting Joe Biden out to insult some American voters.

Clint Eastwood did just fine.

He's an old guy who is ranting/raving against something that isn't there.

Much like the Republicans these last few years.

It is just wrong of Republicans to make fun of Clint Eastwood for being senile. It's kind of like how they take advantage of Pro Life Christians for their votes.

The "big deal" isn't so much about Eastwood. It's about how the Republicans handled his appearance.

All week they hyped their "mystery" speaker. Interest was high, they sent out mysterious tweets and teasers. Rumors were it would be Nancy Reagan or even a hologram of Ronnie. So they've known all this time, yet apparently didn't bother to ask him what he was going to do or say! They just let him walk on the stage with his chair.

I didn't see any of the convention (don't plan to watch the Democratic one either), but from the response of Democrats online, it was a real disaster. Mitt and BOUGHT and PAID for a "trending topic" on twitter, yet twitter wasn't discussing Mitt or his speech, it was abuzz with Eastwood! He totally stole Mitt's thunder at the biggest point of Mitt's political career!

Eastwood's actual monologue is available several places on the net.