This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a career in advertising?
11-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Is there a career in advertising?
Im at the stage of my life where i have to decide what career i want to pursue, i was wondering is there any jobs in advertising? Such as making the adverts, the ideas behind adverts that sort of thing, and if there is money in it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 06:02 AM

A career in advertisement is quite glamourous and at the same time challenging with more and more agencies opening up every day. Whether it's brands, companies, personalities or even voluntary or religious organizations, all of them use some form of advertising in order to be able to communicate with the target audience.Today, new areas are emerging within advertising like event management, image management, internet marketing etc. Event management wherein events are marketed, Image management wherein a a particular profile of an individual or an organisation is projected.
Account executives are the link between the agency and the client. They co-ordinate all aspects of the planning, production and implementation of advertising campaigns,
Media planners/buyers place advertisements to achieve optimum impact, deciding on the appropriate timing, vehicle etc to reach maximum target audience at minimum price.
Account planners are concerned with research, analysis and strategic thinking. They are “the consumer’s representative at the agency”, ensuring that campaigns receive input from those at whom the products and advertising are aimed and that they are accurately focused.
Extroverts are more persuaded by adverts than introverts! They tend to want rewards more strongly.

“Creatives" (copywriters and art directors) provide the message (verbal and/or visual) that will sell the product, according to the brief determined with client and colleagues. This is by far the smallest area of recruitment and the hardest to get into.
Computing. Agencies are increasingly recruiting IT grads. They are using IT to analyse the effect of advertising which enables them to give customers real information about the costs and benefits of advertising in a variety of locations and media. The second use for IT/Multimedia is the increasing variety of platforms available for advertising including Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and keeping abreast of new trends in technology

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply