This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anybody help me with Twitter?
11-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Can anybody help me with Twitter?
I just signed up for Twitter to support Justin Bieber but when I signed in after confirming, I had NO idea what I was doing! All i've figured out is how to change the graphics, I don't know how to do anything else Sad Please help me! If you could explain anything and everything there is to know about Twitter and how to work it then that would be very amazing! Best answer will be chosen based on who gives me the most information and if it is helpful or not! Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 06:05 AM

I just asked the same question - nobody answered. I have a twitter account but I have no clear idea how it works other than making my own posts.

Ads

11-13-2012, 06:05 AM

Twitter is a great way to communicate with your friends.
In order to support someone, you can "follow" them. So if you wanted to support Justin Bieber, you would search for his profile in "find" and then click the "follow" button. You can do this with any celebrity that you like, or any friends that you have that have twitters. When you "follow" someone, everything they tweet will come up on your main profile. People can choose to "follow" you back, and while it is unlikely that any celebrity will "follow" you in return, you will often have many friends who choose to do so, especially if you put your profile on public.
If you wish to direct a tweet at a friend, for example, you want to remind your friend Sarah (whose twitter name is xSarahSaysx) that you have a volleyball meet tomorrow, you would tweet something like this: "@xSarahSaysx, are you going to the volleyball meet tomorrow?" Placing the "@" in front of someone's name not only makes their name selectable, it also shows that you are directing your tweet toward them.
Trending topics are also popular, which usually occur when something big is going on in the media. For example, "#tellmewhyyoumad" is a trending topic right now. If you find a trending topic that relates to you somehow, for example, if you don't know why previously mentioned "Sarah" is mad at you, you could tweet something like: "@xSarahSaysx , #tellmewhyyoumad!"
Finally, you can choose to get tweets to your mobile phone by setting up the account under settings. This way, if you want to tweet from your phone, you can send whatever you wish to tweet to "40404" and it will be sent to everyone that follows you. You can also choose who you would like to get tweets on your phone from.

Hope this helped!