This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should women get child support if the child lives half their life with the father?
11-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Should women get child support if the child lives half their life with the father?
Why do women want full custody anyway in cases where there was no abuse?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 06:07 AM

If you get a good attorney, you won't have to pay anything

Ads

I think it's wrong it needs to be fair only if no abuse sometimes it's a power thing though they still get control over u with holding the kids over ur head. Yeah seek a good lawyer

In most cases they don't...the only time the judge awards support in a 50/50 situation is if one parent earns disparagingly less than the other and won't be able to make ends meet without it.

I would want full custody with primary residence due to my husbands alcohol issues. He may be sober, he may not be sober - he fluctuates too much for me to trust that he'll be a consistent parenting figure when he has our child. In my state - it doesn't even matter! He can drink all he wants and it's not consider abusive (to us). So for my divorce it's not even worth bringing it up. However, if I thought he could be more consistent - I'd have no issues working out a 50/50 split arrangement.

I guess it depends on the individuals and the reasons for divorcing...

No they shouldn't get it if they live 50/50.

Well, for the child's sake, he/she needs stability. Which means living for the most part with ONE parent so that they can sleep in the same bed on a constant basis and form some type of comfort zone, so they can attend the same school and settle into daily routines which give the child a sense of security. Being shipped back and forth from place to place, home to home, parent to parent, is not conducive to these needs. 50/50 childcare is reckless in my opinion.

Yes , regardless of how visitation is split women still need designer shoes and hand bags , manis and pedis , hair dos , tanning and Starbucks .

Despite what some might claim , the above are the more common uses of the " child support " check.

Because my ex-husband makes 4 times what I make.
He lives in a huge house in a nice neighborhood with all the comforts and excesses of life, while I live in a tiny, cramped 2 BR apt working 2 jobs and barely making ends meet.
I could not afford rent without child support. Then where would we live? How would I feed my child?
How would I buy her clothes when she outgrows them every 6 months?

Abuse is irrelevent. Believe it or not, Bob, it's what's best for the CHILD, not what's best for Bob!!

The system stinks.

They can get support even when they don't have custody.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=145960707624
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...207AA2kvLm
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...929AAZzY0M