This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good idea for my Senior Project?
11-15-2012, 08:45 AM
What is a good idea for my Senior Project?
I did my Junior Paper on the effects that media has on young people in the United States. I wrote about the negative effects of media on them. I kind of want to create a project that shows how media can have good effects, or how it should change so it would have good effects instead of negative ones, so I was thinking about doing a "good media" magazine... but I have no idea how I'd go about it...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:53 AM

I think one of the ways you can go about this is to talk about how people today are using the media, instead of just consuming it and having it effect them.

I think the days of just sitting on a couch in front of the television consuming media are slowly evaporating, although probably slower in the United States where people are more dependent and trusting of their media. But all around the world people are looking for new ways to read and create news.

Find out about the change in trends in media. What does media mean today and how are we utilizing it? A good focus would be social media, and the powerful machine it has become all around the world, and a way for people to campaign, revolt and get their stories out fast. This is a "positive" effect (although in my opinion positive and negative is subjective so I wouldn't make it so black and whilte)

You can also include how social media has made communication between businesses and their customers a lot easier, faster and efficient, which means the consumer can get his issues resolved much faster, and this is great for business. The majority of businesses today have Facebook and twitter accounts. In some parts of the world some businesses are run solely through Social media, where people display their goods on Facebook directly to their customers, getting instant feedback and suggestions.

I hope this helps. I also suggest searching through Google Scholar for studies done on this as they will definitely contain valuable ideas on how to approach this subject.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply