This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are facebook profile pictures turning cartoon?
11-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Why are facebook profile pictures turning cartoon?
everyones doing it is there reason?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:53 AM

They are doing it to show support for those who suffer or have suffered from child abuse.

Ads

To help raise awareness of child abuse. the aim is to not see a single face on facebook, only childhood memories, until Monday the 6th.

The latest fad to go viral on the social networking site has users changing their profile pictures to images of their favorite childhood cartoon characters.

And judging from Google trends and Twitter traffic, Facebook users across the site are enjoying the animated walk down memory lane.

Earlier this morning, "cartoons from the 90s," "80s cartoons," "hong kong phooey," "care bear pictures" and plenty of other cartoon-related phrases dominated Google's list of hot searches.

On Facebook, images of the Flintstones, Thundercats, the Smurfs and other classic cartoon characters are taking over users' news feeds.

According to the trend-tracking website Know Your Meme, the cartoon fad started with Facebook users in Greece and Cyprus in mid-November.

Beginning on December 3rd, the trend has morphed int an anti-child abuse campaign, as reported by ABC News, Gawker and other blog / media outlets:

everyone who has a facebook profile is being asked to change their picture to a favorite cartoon character, show etc of their childhood to help support the fight against child abuse. There is no commitment you have to make or donation.

I think its fun and a nice change. I personally changed mine to a long time favorite cartoon character. I have children & know child abuse is a huge issue.I did it because I love my daughters so much and would never do anything to hurt either of them.

campaign to help stop child abuse