This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good name for this decade?
11-15-2012, 08:45 AM
What is a good name for this decade?
I was assigned a paper to name this decade (ex: The Roaring Twenties), and I've been thinking the past few days, but I just can't seem to come up with any good ones. Any ideas anyone?

It'd be even greater if you could give a reason for your name. Hopefully something substantial enough to make a five paragraph essay out of(:
any suggestions at all are welcomed. thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:54 AM

Mayhem millenium

Ads

Technologic takeover

Look around you. Everything we do almost, involves technology. Everything from entertainment to socializing.

disaster

The technology decade? Every decade was the technology decade. Pencils are technology for crying out loud! The industrial revolution included technogly obviously. The roaring twenties needed tech. Caveman had technology! they need to make clothes. Practically everything is technology. Technology is always advancing so that wouldn`t be a good name either. And every decade had its up and downs. History always makes things sound nicer. Adults thought the wholesome and innocent woman was gone cause of the flappers. My God things don`t change cause adults still think that except we are not flappers! But anyways it should do something with communication cause communication took a whole new turn. Communication is the basic need of civilization so it has good things but some bad cause now things are a lot less private. Say how everyone is using new commutation like email or texting. Back in the olden day when communication was improved it didn`t explode but this decade it did.

P.S a lot of people will say bad things but they are not looking at the bigger picture. Man has done something very very very new, and people will miss the old ways. It has always been like that. Include good and bad things. Cause not everything is bad. History is just repeating it self. 100 years ago many new things was made. People thought that everything was taken over by technology to. My great grandmother told me that. Except deeper. It will always be like that, that will be a good thing when people accept it.

The mysterious Millenium. Because everyone is living in an unsecure world and speculating on what's going to happen next.

digital age

age in which society brainwashes ppl to think its college or fail

awesome music era

atheism era (ppl now a days seem to be loosing faith and schools, at least where i live, are very liberal)

The awakening

The Whatevers.

The Awful Aughts.