This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I feel like this whenever someone says they love somebody?
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Why do I feel like this whenever someone says they love somebody?
Whenever I hear someone around my age (22) tell their boyfriend/girlfriend that they love them, or even post on their Facebook wall how much they love and mean to them, I feel pain inside. Like someone stabbed me in the heart and twisted the blade. Then I feel a lot of sadness and emptiness.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:54 AM

because youre single or have been heartbroken b4 or if you're not single ur bf/gf hasn't told you it yet and you feel like they never will

Ads

maybe thats becoz even you feel like saying sombody that u lov them

Because you're probably alot like me and you're so ready to be in love and have someone care for you that it is utterly depressing when you have to be exposed to someone else's good relationship.

If you are single, you could have co-dependency issues. (but i'm no psychologist/psychiatrist). ---

---It's certainly normal to have these feelings, especially if you're single. You see these two other people literally madly in love with each other, and they seemingly constantly express it to each other over all mediums of contact, whether in person, telephone, or online. If you are single, in my opinion at least, you might feel lonely...because you wish that someone loved you like that as well.

However, i also think that's where my co-dependency argument comes in. i have bad co-dependent issues, so what i'm about to say is based off of my mentality. Especially when people express this amount of love towards one another, and i am witness to it, it sometimes really gets to me, because i have such a huge...huuge want and desire to be loved. Heck, being that i'm not in a relationship, i'm so desperate to hear someone say the words "i love you" to me, that i'll go out of my way to say "i love you" to a friend just so i can hear them say "i love you" back to me. i'm like..pathetically desperate to just...hear those words. i don't mean to be emo, but it's like...i feel like i was never loved before (which isn't actually true), so i feel this constant need...reinforcement...of knowing that *someone* loves me...and genuinely at that. ... Because my co-dependent issues are so intense, i feel that i cannot be in a relationship any time soon, because i feel that even when a girl tells me she loves me, i'm going to have such doubts about it. This is all thanks to this one ***** i was never in a relationship with, but i had such strong feelings for, and i let my co-dependent issues fully fall onto her that when i found out things about her (how unfaithful she was towards her boyfriend at the time and just how promiscuous she was), It's a long story, but i eventually found out just how insignificant i was to her, and because of just how much ..."love" i "invested" into her, i just can't seem to want to be in a relationship, despite that desperate need to feel loved...to hear those words...it's such a strange catch 22.

So, the reason why i just posted all that is because if the feelings you see between those two ... any two people are that strong...you may feel that desire to be that loved as well, and that's where i think the co-dependent issues come into play. But that's not to say that you're necessarily co-dependent, because any person who's single could have those feelings as well. ... Check out the symptoms of co-dependency...see how many "symptoms" you have and see if you might actually be co-dependent. ...It might offer more information into who you are and why you act that way. ...you could simply wiki it.