This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Day trading,Is it possible to make money?
11-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Day trading,Is it possible to make money?
Is it true to make money in day trading

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM

Yea, I'm a day trader, though not technically but I do swing trade and I make alot of money.

Ads

I was stuck in a dead end job and going nowhere. Then one day I took all the money I had in savings and went to buy a stock at $14.32 a share. Well by the end of the day the stock reached $15.79 a share and I put in a sell order at the last hour. Needless to say after a gain of $4877.27 on my investment, I have been day trading ever since. I don't know what to buy with the money anymore. I own too many houses now and not enough people who even want to rent them. Sometimes I feel bad I started this day trading, but my housekeeper tells me her children are so poor, I had to give them jobs taking care of the yacht.

Yes, there are many of us that make a very good living trading and yes you can make money day trading.

Before you "learn" to day trade you first must understand the markets, the products traded in the markets and the rules you have to follow to be in the market. You have to learn what to do, why to do it, when to do it and how to do it. If can learn all of this then and only then can you day trade. Before you day trade you must be able to trade

You also need a written sound trading/investment plan with rules that will not only help you but more importantly protect you, mostly from yourself.

You also need sufficient trading/investment capital. Use your own money, there’s no need to go into debt so that you can trade/invest.

It is more imperative to have a written money management program in place. Remember never invest 100% of your capital into any one security and never have 100% of your capital invested and a good understanding of the rules & regulations of the industry.

Day Trading pre supposes a lot of things like there will be volatility in the market during a single trading session, the trader takes right calls (i can not call it decisions) at the right time to benefit from it. While people have made money doing day trading, over the last 10 years of interaction with investors across the length and breadth of India, I have not seen anyone who is able to do it consistently. Whats more, when they loose money, they loose very big.

In my view, Day Trading is like 'slogging' in cricket. You keep swinging your bat and not only hope that the ball hits the bat, but also expect it to beat the fielder in order to score runs. While many a successful innings have been played by 'slogger' does he score runs consistently? In the long run, what type of average does he have. How often does he succeed against how often does he loose. If you clearly analyse this, you will know that a 'slogger is never a successful batsman' so far in the history of cricket.

I already could hear feedback from many who say that a trader decides based on graphs and trends in order to succeed. It is like saying the slogger has analysed the previous delivery and the bowler. More than these two, what is more important is the specific ball being played, and the shots suitability to the ball and of course the match conditions. When this is not done, one can not be successful.

In the investment world, i can compare the specific ball to current market conditions and the shot suitability to the suitability of the product to the profile of the investor, specifically with respect to . this with 'customers profile' and 'objectives' in relation to the 'market' and the 'product'. The match condition can be compared to the market conditions. Not all these things are considered while day trading. In fact, a day trader does not worry if the stock at Rs. 1000 or at Rs. 10. The value of the company is not important. It is only the momentum that is important and we know that momentums change quiet fast.

Hence, to sum up, occasionally it is possible to make money in trading. However, it is unlikely that one can make money consistently over a long period of time. More importantly, it is much more easier to loose someones shirt (like loosing the wicket in cricket) in this day trading mayhem..

So know your risk profile and act smartly. Decide if you want to be a Professional Batsman or a Slogger.

Happy Investing
--
Fundu Vishy - Your 'Mutual' Friend
Follow me on twitter @funduvishy
I blog @ http://blog.powermf.com

VERY FEW PEOPLE MAKE MONEY IN DAY TRADING IN STOCK MARKET. MOST OF THE PEOPLE EARN FOR SOME DAYS AND LOOSE ON MOST OF THE DAYS IN SHORT MOST PEOPLE LOOSE MONEY

Absolutely. I've been using an advisory service offered through http://www.knoxhillstocks.com . This company tells you what stocks to buy and at what point to sell in order to make a profit. I'm telling everyone about this company!

ya its 100% true.. but u want to which is the best share to invest
so u first find the best share and then start to trading....

http://www.stock-guide.webs.com/

basically share market is not meant for day trading

you can not earn money in day trading, it is 100% sure

only investor can make the money

sea the data

investment for rs 1600 in gold in 1980 become 17600 in 2009 11 times
investment for rs 1600 in fd in 1980 become 51200 in 2009 32 times
investment for rs 1600 in equity in 1980 become 272000 in 2009 170 times

decision is yours , only investor will make the money