This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I sell my own jewelry?
11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
How can I sell my own jewelry?
I make my own jewelry out of really metals and stones an stuff and I want to start selling them. Where should I start?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM

Are you in school? It's very easy to sell something if you are. Just sell it at lunch. If not then try selling to your neighbors by putting out signs for "jewlery sale" kind of like you would for a garage sale. To find out the price, keep track of how much you spend on supplies. Then make your price. Prices should be kept very small like maybe 1 or 2 dollars for a bracelet. Walmart actually has very cheap and very pretty beads. You just have to look. They have everything you need. Craft stores will be more expensive just for basic thing. So make a sign that says "jewlery sale 1 $" or whatever price you can make it at.

Ads

If you're starting, make it small. Start by customizing some jewelry for your friends. I suggest you draw some samples and show it to them. I think that it's a good idea for customers to be able to design their own. This way, you have less products in your inventory going out of style if you can't sell them. Making an album is also a good way to start. draw some designs on a sketch book and always bring to it wherever you'll be. It's like having your own portfolio.

Look at the new trends on what is in right now. I suggest searching for pictures of celebrities with their bling and draw a duplicate as if you are making your own. I believe I heard a saying that "artists seal with their eyes."

Are you an anime fan? There is a large profit on custom jewelry related to anime. Here are some example:
http://www.cosplayfu.com/category/Costume+Jewelry.htm

If you are now starting to get well known, start by asking your friends to spread your advertisement. This is the cheapest way to make people get to know you. And if you want to spread out, you can sell online using facebook, multiply, twitter or any social networking site you are using. It helps to take a picture of your products and tag your friends (ask them first if they don't mind the tag) so their friends can also see your products.

If a large number of people are now starting to recognize your products, I think that will be the perfect time to make your own website. You can now post a link to your social network account the link of your website, also include the link to the designs you uploaded, telling the people viewing it that they can look other new designs to this link. It is another way for your website to get as many hits as possible.

Why don't you create a niche website and sell your jewelery online? Many others have made very profitable businesses selling their home made items online.
Site Sell is a leading web host for small business online and the majority of their websites make it into the top 3% in the Alexa Rankings.
They provide everything you need to succeed online with and online business building course and all the tools. You simply have to do the required work.
Classified ads do work but you will get a lot of people who are just browsing but all the same if you have a website to showcase your items that would help.
I will leave you with a link to Site Sell Facebook where you can actually talk to those who are already enjoying online success with products that they made themselves.
Best of luck!