This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter:: When to use # and @?
11-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Twitter:: When to use # and @?
I just recently made a twitter account. And I keep seeing the two signs @ and #. I don't understand when to use which ??? Help please ? Smile Thank youuu !

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:57 AM

@ is when you are directing a message at someone
# is to have your message automatically detected as to do with a certain topic
If you look at the trending topics you'll see what I mean

Ads

11-15-2012, 08:57 AM

@ is for mentioning people that have Twitters in your tweets. Like if you want to say "Selena Gomez is cool" you say "@selgomez is cool" because "@selgomez" is her username and it will go to her and more people will se your tweet.
# (the hashtag) is for trends. A Twitter trend is one of the top word/s tweeted on Twitter at that moment, many of which contain the # sign just so they are easier to get trending. Trends can be sayings/phrases that use the # just to group the words together more easily. For example Pretty Little Liars= Pretty+Little+Liars=#PrettyLittleLiars
Or at this moment "#ThingsPeopleShouldntDo" is trending, so if you tweeted "#ThingsPeopleShouldntDo text with more than 5 exclamation points or question marks", if someone clicked on that trend, they could see your tweet on the list
# doesnt have to be used in trends though... you could tweet ur friends "Scream 4 was so scary!! #scariestmovieever"
I got a Twitter over the summer and this was soooo confusing... but give it a few weeks and you'll be used to it Smile Hoped this helped! #GoodLuck Wink