This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can you disagree with the statement CM Punk can't draw?
11-15-2012, 08:50 AM
How can you disagree with the statement CM Punk can't draw?
Ever since he started getting pushed ratings and buy rates have gone down. Last weeks main event was the lowest rates segment of RAW in the entire year. I like CM Punk but he can't draw.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM

CM Punk has no one to draw with...
Wade Barrett should start a feud with Punk, because ADR, cant do it. He needs a top heel to get an angle with..The closest would be The Miz, or maybe Randy Orton can turn heel again. IMO Orton was a way better heel. Maybe if Cena turned that too would be a great show..

Ads

As much as I dispise Punk. I have no clue. If I had to take a stab at it, the guy really doesnt have anyone to feud with. In WWE punk so far, best feuds were with Hardy, And Cena. Hardy gone. And Cena, dude wasnt even on the last PPV for 2011. Basically, when your great wrestler. You need competition. Even Mr. zmachon wants, Del Rio to be more ruthless. And before the ws homies say Ziggler. No chance. Let his push take its natural course. Otherwise, he will become another zmiz.

Cos WWE fans are rednecks who beleive Cena is da best wrestler.

WWE has way too many baby faces now. It's so rare to have a superstar who can actually portray a legitimate heel who is hated by everyone. WWE needs to bring back stable competition, one of similar to The Corporation with the McMahon family and Triple H (turned heel). I liked the three month venture of The Un-Americans back in 2002, it's something that the business wouldn't have the balls to do today.

I agree, RKO and Cena acouple of the few that can maybe there's no anyone else that can, Jericho did before the left

It's true he can't draw. But he's a genius when it comes to finger painting.

Looks like little jimmy are't tuning on raw till cena is champion again

He CAN draw. WWE just needs to put a better product for 90 minutes so people don't turn off their TV

My proof - Money in the Bank buyrates with the PPV being centered about CM Punk.

If you ask me, he can draw, but the type of people he draws don't care enough. If I had to make a call between the people Cena draws and the people Punk draws, I''ll admit it, Cena draws kids and women. Punk, probably the average teen. But, between those two. How many people want to make a guess that the buyrates went down because teens would rather stream it illegally then pay and watch it, while kids will ask their parents to buy it and watch it live? Yeah. Thats exactly why the buy rates are low. Kids really did care that Cena wasn't on the card, and the average Punk fan would still rather not pay to see him live. And with Raw, with this new age of the internet, we would rather watch it later on youtube then live, which is pointless, because WWE will not take "youtube" data into consideration. People will watch CM Punk. But thats a fan base that would rather not pay to watch him or watch him on their own time rather then when the ratings matter. To me Cm Punk has the ability to draw, and his matches and mic skill has been great. But lets face it, Cm Punk fans are cheap. Cena might be annoying as well as his fans, but too bad, he makes the money off those kids, and those are the numbers WWE is gonna go with. So people can blame the booking and all of that, but in the end, because we were pushing CM Punk so much, he is gonna get the blame, and because WWE will think "he can't draw," he get demoted as World Champ, Cena will be given the title again, and it will be the same stuff again. Atleast with Punk at the top, there was potential for change with the booking in the future, as Punk's current run is changing WWE's views on indies. But overall, because Punk fans refuse to buy the PPV and watch Raw when they should be watching, WWE will see it as Punk failing, despite the fact he trends a lot on twitter, really connects with the fans, and fans react to him positively. Its a shame. I truly think he can draw, but at this day and age, people don't want to make the effort see it. Yeah, the booking suck, but how can they progress if they see it fail and go back to something else? What Punk does now is fresh and match quality has gone up a bit, I noticed, but people that complain about it so much, don't seem to care enough to tune in. If you think it sucks, then be happy that CM Punk "can't draw." This is to all the people that constantly demand for WWE to be different, and they get it and have a chance to prove to Vince, we don't need Cena, but once again, they ALL dropped the ball. Its a known fact Vince does it base on money and ratings. If you want to give support, you spend and watch it when it airs. Simple as that. The sad truth is, this statement, this question, just proves, kids are in fact the better fans then the so call "real wrestling fans." CM Punk didn't let them down. They let CM Punk down.