This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What things should i know before going to a fashion designing school?
11-15-2012, 08:50 AM
What things should i know before going to a fashion designing school?
Anything will help and it doesnt just hav to be the basics being more specifiis great!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM

There's a big misconception that you have to know how to sketch or sew before applying to any fashion design program and that's not true. If you have a passion for fashion design and know it's the career for you, don't let that stop you. Schools like FIDM in LA offer beginning courses in drawing or sketching so that's one less thing to worry about. Of course, if you know how to sketch and sew you'll be ahead of the game but its not required. Fashion colleges like FIDM also look for students who have a strong work ethic, is creative and has an eye for fashion trends. FIDM has a killer fashion design program and a lot of my fav fashion designers graduated from there including Juicy Couture and Monique Lhuillier. Nick Verreos is another fav of mine and he teaches there! I do know that they have an iTunes app that has great info and of course the advisors are a great resource and love helping students. The school also has a twitter and they're good at answering student-questions. Good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply