This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do so many kids hop on every new trend?
11-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Why do so many kids hop on every new trend?
Nike, Hollister, LRG, snapbacks, Jordans, and Vans, I see them everywhere. Swag and yolo, I hear those words everywhere. Kids are so unoriginal these days. They hop on every trend. Like for example if the new trend was going out in public with your underwear, kids would do it. I'm so sick of them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM

Kids have always hopped on trends. You would have too when you were that age. Its just that with the current internet age, the trends are spreading further, rather than being only school localized, or other small groups. Blame Facebook/Tumblr/Twitter/Youtube etc. Tongue

Ads

If they didn't, then it would not be a trend.

Humans are like that, and adolescents are more so, due to hormones that drive them to fit in with their peers.

Its ok

I can understand that a lot of people copy what others are doing, but there IS people who actually like the thing. Just because theres so many useless idiots walking around trying to look like everyone else does that mean those of us who honestly like the store or brand should suddenly stop??
I'm 17 and really the only thing on your list i like is Hollister and sometimes Vans.
And i also don't say new words like swag and yolo.
Hollister just happens to be my "style" and what i like and think is cute, the copy-cats and "trend followers" are not gonna stop me from being me.