This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people use the # sign on Twitter?
11-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Why do people use the # sign on Twitter?
Brand new to twitter..don't understand the # sign...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM

This used to find Tweets on popular topics. For instance #quote will show you quotations that others have posted. #JustinBieber will bring up a list on others who've tweeted about him. Look on the right hand side of the screen to see what's "trending." You'll see a list of the # topics that are currently popular.

Ads

It is called a hashtag. By including " #keyword " in your tweet, it becomes part of tweets on that topic, and can be found under that keyword (if your account is public). You can see popular topics under "Trends".

More Information: http://support.twitter.com/entries/49309

bcoz ,it is pre world and it meaning is define in compiler.....................

Brand new to Twitter was your first mistake. Do you acutally give a flying taco regarding my announcement (my tweet?) that I'll be doing last night's dishes whils't listening to the Gypsy Kings? Oh, you do??? awwww ... you are so mooshy. I wish I could tell you about that enigmatic pound sign, but I am limited to the following: Smile Smile)) Wink ;*( <3 lol rofl roflmao, mwuah, and huggies, pampers, and why do I have to be the poop checker simply because I'm small and insignificant and that I will be pummeled if I don't comply?

I saw the first spring robins today, now I'm singing his song
..LC..tweet tweet..
RV...how do you say Tweet in French?
Have fun...tweetheart<3