This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Rank 1 in Google, Bing, And Yahoo and convert more sales?
11-18-2012, 11:41 AM
How to Rank 1 in Google, Bing, And Yahoo and convert more sales?
I have keywords that are ranking on google, yahoo, and bing at the first page. My problem is how will I be in the top 1 position for my keywords? I keep on building links,but I don't think it's enough.

Also, these keywords are highly targeted and we're expecting to get sales from it. But we're not converting much when it comes to organic - seo. Where could be the problem ? Is it still on SEO or on the website already?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 11:49 AM

If you have your own site then you can do SEO for better check and go through all SEO strategies.

Firstly, your site has good on-page optimization i.e meta tags should be better stuffed with Title, description and keywords.

Now you have asked about keywords, then you can finalize your own keywords according to your site requirement. Make a list of those keywords and then check there search volume in keyword tool which are free available on the web.

After selecting those keywords, you can do Search engine optimization of those keywords for your site.
1--- Daily update your site with new content and also make a blog of your site which should be also updated with unique content.
2--- Link exchange with the sites of same category having PR should be equal or more than your site. This will increase PR of your site.
3--- Do social bookmarking, Article submission, forum posting, Classified ad and press release of your site. Article submission will also help to increase PR of your site

Ads

This process is called SEO

You can do the following Steps to increase your search engine position.

1. Directory Submission
2. Article submission
3. Social Media creation eg. Facebook, twitter
4. Forum posting
5. Blog Posting
6. Press Release submission

These all increase your backlinks

Ensure you post on website with a google page rank of PR5+

Remember any link on a PR5+ is worth 100 times more then none

Hazel,

The first and important part of the equation of reliably marketing a product is to have the right product (i.e., your web site). So you need to ensure your site has strong foundations—otherwise, the building will collapse one day or later.

In order to build long-lasting traffic from search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing), it's very important to do your homework—or make sure you did it right—, as follows:

—1. The minimum you can't ignore—

First, fake sure search engines are fully aware of your site and pages by managing proactively the relationship with them (see my answer to "How to add your webpage to search engine?" in the source section below).

Second, you cannot improve something you don't monitor. So I strongly suggest you create a Google Analytics account (http://www.google.com/analytics/, it's free) and embed the tracking code iin your pages to monitor vital signs of your site (e.g., number of visits, referring sites, keywords searched).

—2. Building good foundations for global search—

Implement search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to meet demand (visitors' searches) with an offer (unique content) (see the source section below for the link to the self-explanatory "Google's SEO Starter Guide"—a resource I strongly recommend to read). This mainly includes:
—Identifying relevant topics through analysis of searched keywords
—Leveraging the right keywords in your pages (e.g., title, description, and keywords metatags)
—Writing content on identified relevant topics

IMPORTANT NOTE—Take a closer look at your website through the lens of the Google's SEO Starter Guide to find out where you can improve it (e.g., page name, page title, description, headers [h1, h2, etc.], content).

—3. Ensuring local findability—

Create a profile for your business in search engines' local business directories (this one is also part of the "How to add your webpage to search engine?"). You should provide info for ALL the fields to have your profile flagged as complete, and most importantly a link to your website.

—4. Connecting with your audience directly where it is—

Leverage social media. Create an account in platforms like Facebook and Twitter, start a blog, and keep up the good work by making all of them grow. Search forums—the most overlooked social place—for post related to your business. Bookmark your site for specific topics/tags in sharing platforms like Digg and Delicious. You can also add the ShareThis widget to your site as a wrap of all the social features enumerated above.

—5. Taking your initiative to the next level—

Start a Pay-per-Click (PPC) campaign—like Google AdWords or Yahoo Paid Search. It's really affordable for local businesses. Indeed, it may cost you—a strong suggestion from my own experience—a max daily budget of $5 to generate 5-10 clicks a day, which coupled with a coupon-based ad campaign—e.g., 15% off your next purchase of equipment—would allow you to measure accurately your campaign return on investment (ROI). And furthermore, you'll have fun.

Once you start making your website more search engine friendly, you will start reaping benefit from it.

—Pascal