This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trouble with Twitter and SMS phone updates?
11-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Trouble with Twitter and SMS phone updates?
Several months ago I got a twitter account, then added my phone as a device so I could tweet and receive updates from friends via my cellphone. I'm a verizon wireless user with an unlimited text plan, and I've had absolutely no problems with tweeting via text and receiving friends' updates via text....until now. Suddenly I'm receiving little or no updates from friends at all and I'm unable to send tweets via text because my phone says the text messages to twitter were sent successfully but the tweets never show up on my twitter page. I've tried deleting my device and starting over several times. And each time I've sent the verification code multiple times but I haven't received any confirmation that everything is back in working order! I've done research and tried everything to get it working again but still nothing, After months of being able to tweet and receive updates from friends on twitter via my cellphone without any problems whatsoever I suddenly find myself unable to do any of that anymore. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem but is there any solution?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Don't worry, it's not just your phone. No one has been able to update from their phone for a few days. I can't either. Twitter has a glitch in it right now & should be working soon. They're trying to fix it. Someone hacked Twitter.

Ads

11-18-2012, 11:49 AM

On Friday Twitter along with several other websites were attacked using a denial of service attack this has continued over the past few days knocking out sms service to twitter as well as several api's and other ways of posting to twitter so fear not it's not your phone I've suffered from the same problem for a few days now. it should with luck be fixed in a few days