This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the most important and reliable ways of marketing my website?
11-18-2012, 12:59 PM
I have just launched a new website (http://www.ladies-accessories.co.uk).
I now need to start marketing my site.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:07 PM

You have just used one of the most reliable ways to advertise your website. I bet a lot of people will visit your website now. I will give it a go later. Good luck!

Ads

SEO. Search engine optimization is always a best option for online marketing. you have to create and post articles at high pr websites, directory submission, forum posting and many more will help you to achieve you r goal.
http://www.webhosting.uk.com/seo-servers.php

I think article marketing works great, is free, and easy to do. You can outsource it if you don't like writing articles. Great way to get free traffic, this free guide gives a good overview of article marketing.

From my experience it helps to put together a marketing plan so you can understand the market that you operate in and the type of customers you are looking for and the best way to find them.

Its a common mistake to look at what medium (on-line media, traditional media) first rather then understanding your customer and what they need, how best to reach them? what type of message do you want to give? being an on-line business does not mean that you should not use traditional media. I have found that a mixture of the two derives the best results and gives you more for your pound.

Weather you are a new business or an established business i have found that the following approach works best in preparation of a marketing plan. It is called SOSTAC ( SOSTAC® is a registered trade mark of PR Smith. More information at http://www.prsmith.org.) which stands for Situation, Objectives, Strategy, Tactics, Action, Control this is an integrated approach to planning. The plan asks specific questions
1. where are you now? (Situation)
2. where do you want to go? (Objectives)
3. How are you going to get there? (Strategy)
4. How are you going to get there (Tactics)
5. How are you going to get the plan to work? (Action)
6. How are you going to ensure arrival? (Control)

This will assist you in developing an appropriate plan but will also allow you to take into consideration the whole organisation, your financial situation, legal etc. This is quite a comprehensive tool and can be used for small or large marketing organisation.

Everything is an assumption unless you have a clear plan of action and clear understanding of your customers and market. Once that is done it will be clear for you as to what is the best way to target those markets. You will be surprised as to what you find out and what you see once you have undertaken this process.

Today there is plethora of activities you can undertake especially on line with the emergence of social media, applications, mobile devices, and the advancement of technology at such a fast pace opens up a range of routes to market and methods to communicate.

But when it comes down it its the best laid plans that succeed. There is no need to write 100 page document but a detailed plan will make the road clear.

remember social media can have huge impact on your business but how can you control weather that's negative or positive and are you prepared if its negative remember if its easier to reach your customers its easier to reach you. With the speed that information travels on this global highway bad news will reach your customers as will good news.

The plan will help you determine how best to tackle that, avoid mistakes and invest your hard earned money in the most fruitful avenues that gives you the best payback, return on investment. After you have undertaken this plan you may find that social media is the best media for you to access your key stakeholders but at least you know and your sure with the help of the plan you will know how best to communicate and engage with them but will also give you some valuable knowledge.

Alfamale,

I've take a look at your site to make the following recommendations.

The first and important part of the equation of reliably marketing a product is to have the right product (i.e., your web site). So you need to ensure your site has strong foundations—to that respect, your site is weak—otherwise, the building will collapse one day or later.

In order to build long-lasting traffic from search engines, you need to do your homework, as follows:

—1. The minimum you can't ignore—

First, fake sure search engines are fully aware of your site and pages by managing proactively the relationship with them (see my answer to "How to add your webpage to search engine?" in the source section below).

Second, you cannot improve something you don't monitor. So I strongly suggest you create a Google Analytics account (http://www.google.com/analytics/, it's free) and embed the tracking code iin your pages to monitor vital signs of your site (e.g., number of visits, referring sites, keywords searched).

—2. Building good foundations for global search—

Implement search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to meet demand (visitors' searches) with an offer (unique content) (see the source section below for the link to the self-explanatory "Google's SEO Starter Guide"—a resource I strongly recommend to read). This mainly includes:
—Identifying relevant topics through analysis of searched keywords
—Leveraging the right keywords in your pages (e.g., title, description, and keywords metatags)
—Writing content on identified relevant topics

IMPORTANT NOTE—I've take a closer look at your website to find out a significant margin for improvement (take a look yourself at how Google sees your pages at http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chr...obe.co.uk. So help search engines see each page as unique from the page info (e.g., page name, page title, description, headers [h1, h2, etc.], and content) by fixing the following issues—among others—that search engines may have with your site—you will find information on what to do in the Google's SEO Starter Guide (see link in the source section below):

—all pages except the home page have the same title "Cleopatra", which is not only meaningless but harmful (this doesn't help search engines differentiate pages from each other).
—all pages except the home page have no description or keywords metatags populated
—the average number of words (i.e., page content) is around 200, which doesn't give much meat for search engines to qualify your pages for high rank in search engine results pages (SERP). You should target 500-800 words at least—because your pages are mainly a catalog of items, you could easily write item descriptions that could contain legitimately relevant keyords.

These are the major issues I've noticed at a glance—you will be in the right track by studying and implementing the Google's SEO Starter Guide as aforementioned.

—3. Ensuring local findability—

Create a profile for your business in search engines' local business directories (this one is also part of the "How to add your webpage to search engine?"). You should provide info for ALL the fields to have your profile flagged as complete, and most importantly a link to your website.

—4. Connecting with your audience directly where it is—

Leverage social media. Create an account in platforms like Facebook and Twitter, start a blog, and keep up the good work by making all of them grow. Search forums—the most overlooked social place—for post related to your business. Bookmark your site for specific topics/tags in sharing platforms like Digg and Delicious. You can also add the ShareThis widget to your site as a wrap of all the social features enumerated above.

—5. Taking your initiative to the next level—

Start a Pay-per-Click (PPC) campaign—like Google AdWords or Yahoo Paid Search. It's really affordable for local businesses. Indeed, it may cost you—a strong suggestion from my own experience—a max daily budget of $5 to generate 5-10 clicks a day, which coupled with a coupon-based ad campaign—e.g., 15% off your next purchase of equipment—would allow you to measure accurately your campaign return on investment (ROI). And furthermore, you'll have fun. Because you're selling items, ROI will be easy to track and helpfull to tweak campaigns).

You're lucky: you have a nice catalog of items and it will take only some work to make it search engine friendly and start reaping benefit from it.

—Pascal