This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I find someone willing to fund the publishing cost of my book manuscript?
11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Can I find someone willing to fund the publishing cost of my book manuscript?
I've just completed writing a manuscript for a book entitled, "Exposing the Sinful Nature." A Christian based book. I don't have the funds needed to self publish and this is my first book. I'm seeking anyone who has $3,500 and the heart to allow me to use it to self publish and market my book.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:08 PM

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love it! Why didn't I think of this?! Before you find an investor, have you edited your MS? Do you think its good enough to make the money back? Have you sent it to an agent, if so how many have rejected it?

Ads

Yeah I'll give you three and half grand.

Kenneth, don't be a doofus. (Good advice for us all, yes?)

There are commercial Christian publishers, "real" publishers who pay authors for the right to publish and distribute their books, both fiction and non-fiction.

Get yourself to both mainstream and Christian bookstores. Note publisher names, author names, and titles. This is going to take a while.

Back home, start your research on which publishers seek books like yours and which ones only deal with agents. Seek the names of the agents representing the authors whose books you saw were published by an agents-only publisher.

Coughing up a lot of money to self-publish a book for a stranger simply isn't going to happen. If you deeply believe in this book, you'll seek legitimate commercial publication--or earn the money for self-publication yourself.

They're called publishers. Believe it or not, they actually pay you to publish your book. How cool is that?

Anyway, their standards are high and they don't take just any old thing. I suggest you research publishing inside out. Find websites, blogs, twitter, and facebook accounts of people who work in publishing for literary agencies and publishing houses. THey give great advice and insights into publishing. Get some books on how to write a book. It's not common sense and it'll keep you from making amatuer mistakes that will get you rejected. The rejection rate for publishing is high, so make sure you put forth your best work and nothing less. Good luck.