This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get the ipad now or wait for the 2nd generation to come out?
11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Should I get the ipad now or wait for the 2nd generation to come out?
I'm debating whether to get the ipad now or wait for the new one to come out that may possibly have a camera in it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:08 PM

Get it now then trade it in when the new one comes out

Ads

You shouldn't get one because it's an oversized, overpriced piece of beautiful but unnecessary technology. If you're rich, produce music, or are an iJunkie, then buy this one and buy it now! Otherwise, stay away from iPad all together. Get an iPhone and a macbook. More bang for your buck all around.
Or just get an iPhone.
Or don't get an iAnything. Mac products are user friendly and easy to use, but PC's are cheaper, have more power, and almost as user friendly as macs now.

REAL ANSWER
I'd hold out for the 2nd generation. Enough time has passed that you know it won't be long till it's out. You'd only be wasting money on the 1st gen unless you plan on keeping it.

All the rumors are reporting that the new iPad is to come out in the first 4 months of the year. I would wait a little bit, get the better iPad.

You should wait or you can research what is the diffrence with the 1st generation and the second. If you can live with the old one you should buy it.

Hey, Kat, while iPad2 is going to be good and on par in features with Galaxy tab, it'll probably cost the same $500 - $800 as the current iPad or even more. However, for $249 you can now get Android eReader/tablet hybrid device which combines the better parts of both eReader and tablet worlds. Such device is Nook Color from Barnes & Noble which has USB port (unlike current iPad). Nook Color has a new generation screen which is anti-glare coated and is better performing in sunlight and for reducing eye strain than current iPad's. The screen is one of the best and sharpest on the market and it's viewable at wide angles. It is great for PDF's, much better than Kindle. From the cost side, while more expensive than e-Ink Nook or Kindle, you can buy two Nook Color's for the price of one iPad. Nook Color has several apps that already come with the device (Pandora Internet radio, QuickOffice, etc.) Also, Barnes & Noble recently released Nook SDK and Nook Developer platform that will allow most of the existing 100,000 Android apps be ported to it.
Also, you can use the Social Settings screen to link your NOOKcolor to your Facebook account and your Twitter account. You can also import all your contacts from your Google Gmail account. Once you have linked to Facebook and Twitter and set up email contacts, you can lend and borrow books, recommend books, and share favorite quotes with your friends.