This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly would happen if SOPA and PIPA pass and become laws?
11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
What exactly would happen if SOPA and PIPA pass and become laws?
Will Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Google, and many other sites actually be destroyed or not? Like I really want to still be able to communicate with my friends and post videos of me singing. I live thousands of miles from my friends and cant call some because they don't have phones. Also what are the chances of these laws passing?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:09 PM

everybody sinks

Ads

CHAOS.

CHAOS EVERYWHERE.

Well they should make a bill that takes down Facebook,

website is a disease to mankind and is the reason everyone is so hooked to technology these days.

We'd all start capping the person to the left.

idk about youtube, but I know facebook, twitter, google, and wikipedia, and a lot more

You wanna use any of those sites you listed? Then you're against SOPA. Want our government to control every part of the internet they desire? Then you support SOPA.

Under SOPA or PIPA, any website can (and will) be shut down for even the most minor copy right infraction and violation with out due process. In other words, under SOPA or PIPA, I, my self, a 16 year old, not even old enough to vote, could have have Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter all shut down immediately.

Hackers ALWAYS find ways to circumvent the inept MPAA.

Its just the common computer ignorant person who gets screwed by a train of "miss the mark" laws funded by the MPAA.

Full government moderation and censorship of the Internet. I don't think those sites would be 'destroyed' instantly, but inevitably the majority of them would be forced offline in the near future as it takes very little to violate this unconstitutional act. Videos of you singing will be illegal as those songs are copyrighted property of the Artists (yes it's that strict and stupid)!

Whether it will pass is unknown, there are a hell of a lot of people against it though. However the actual chances of the government taking what the people want into account is extremely unlikely, they want control! They want to take another one of our rights and liberties!

At the moment, unless you wanna get hacking the only way to fight back is to sign this petition:
http://sopastrike.com/strike

Well, there supposidly meant to stop piracy acts, and to block things the government doesnt want the public see. More desensatising. But, there most likely not going to point blank block those sites as that would piss off many. They will however block popular sites like beemp3.com, torrent sites, demonoid.me, etc. Then gradually sensor any comments on anything they dont like to see. What companies like google and youtube, will stop their websites for time periods to get people angry and take action so the government wont progress further into those websites and violite more rights of freedom. Some websites such as wikipidia, google and reddit have already started taking action by stopping the servers for a day, or having available patitions, or showing what sensoring will be like as in googles opening homepage. Go there if ya dont believe me. I advice everyone to speak up as much as possible by joining patitions, sending hate to the government, telling and informing friends and family. Easiest patition to join that i recommend, http://www.google.com/takeaction we all know how good google is, they can do a lot and every voice helps. Voting takes place january 24 2012.