This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In your opinion, do you think Google would like a bigger share of the internet market in China?
11-18-2012, 01:01 PM
In your opinion, do you think Google would like a bigger share of the internet market in China?
I have an idea that would shut out Yahoo from the People's Republic of China and allow their rival Google to have a much bigger share of the Chinese internet market, do you think the Chinese government would be interested in dismissing Yahoo in return for a new energy source that generates unlimited electricity for 365 days a year and for free if they bar Yahoo from the Chinese market?
i read a report about the People's Republic of China and they have @248 MILLION internet users, that are currently being supplied by Yahoo! Inc., and Google partnership with a couple of Chinese Internet Service Providers.
Yahoo! Inc., currently enjoys @51% of the Chinese internet market and Google enjoys @21%, but are making steady gains in securing a bigger slice of the Chinese Market.

China and India are the biggest users of energy in the world, meaning they have to purchase foreign oil to keep their economies growing, don't you think they would jump at an opportunity to generate their own electricity and at a fraction of the costs, and terminate Yahoo! Inc., as their primary ISP?

Who agrees with this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:10 PM

well,in china they don't even have t.v,how can they have computer to use the internet service? so my answer is no ok?

Ads

I think you are being naive. Google and Yahoo are behind China's main search engine, Baidu.com (stock symbol BIDU). BIDU is actually trading above $300/share. China tightly controls media and information consumption. China supports Baidu, so unless you are mainland Chinese and sleeping with government officials, Baidu is pretty well entrenched. China is not a democratic free market. While Communist, their market works similar to social democracies - ergo, the monopolies of Japan, Korea (Korean "chaebols").

of course. That's more revenue for them.