This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where do I find the software where I can sell web sites to people to make their own websites?
11-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Where do I find the software where I can sell web sites to people to make their own websites?
I want to offer websites to people (like wix.com or webnode.com) Where do I find the software to do this and what is this called? I would like to have a site where people can build their websites from packages I would offer for free and also for upgrade to paying.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:11 PM

By far the best tool for you would be Wordpress.org. It's a free blogging tool that many people use as a content management system. (CMS) Wordpress allows you to build a main hub website which you can easily turn into a network where you can then sell people their own website with a selection of theme designs. Basically, you sell websites to your visitors and each time a customer buys a new website, your website will create a new website and give them a choice of themes and tools to add to their website. They can add their own domain name to their site and they will have their own backend admin area to manage their own website.
It can be set up in such a way where it's completely automated. All you have to do is install wordpress onto your hosting account, set up the multi-user functionality, build a selection of theme designs for your customers to choose from, set up the payment processor and that's about it, your ready to go.

Wordpress.org is a MASSIVE community and you will find thousands and thousands of plugins to add additional functionality to your site. Literally, your only limited by your imagination.

Once you have it all set up, you can even offer different website packages by choosing which plugins and features you want to make available to each customer. For example, you could have a basic package that simply offers a website and a choice of three designs with no added features. A Silver package that offers a website, a choice of five designs and three plugins that offer additional features such as social networking, email marketing, an image gallery etc etc. And finally a Gold package that offers all the above with the ability to add their own domain name. I think you can even allow people to set up their own second tier website that also sells websites to their own customers.

As the main admin of the network you will have access to every one of your customers and you can view their visitor stats and send everyone messages at the same time. You can even offer some people FREE websites that contain your advertising so you can earn money from their traffic and you can offer them an upgrade to remove the ads.

As I said, your only limited by your imagination by what you can do. Wordpress.org is by far the best tool for any network or paid membership site. Also, every website you sell will be hosted by you on your hosting account so this is something else you can charge your customers for.

Below is some information to get you started. You need to learn how to do everything but it's not very hard and there is tons of online information to help you to build your network.

Installing Wordpress:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

Create a Network:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Installing Multiple Blogs:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Multiple_Blogs

Be warned, there is also another version of Wordpress at Wordpress.com. This is a version of wordpress that only lets you set up your own blog on THEIR hosting. Wordpress.org is what you want as this is self hosted on your own servers. Both versions are run by the same people. Actually, the wordpress.com version is an example of what YOU can do yourself with wordpress.org except they don't charge people to build their website/blog.

If your serious about this and you've decided to go with Wordpress. Here is a website you MUST check out because they offer many premium plugins which are perfect for someone building a network just like you. They have plugins to let you offer different feature to your customers, plus they have a selection of theme designs that your allowed to offer to your customers which is great because otherwise you'd have to build your own. (You can't just sell any theme you find as most have copyright)
WPMUDEV = (wordpress Multi-user Developer)
http://premium.wpmudev.org/

Good luck

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply