This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The differences between the Droid and the IPhone?
11-18-2012, 01:03 PM
The differences between the Droid and the IPhone?
I know there are little differences between the Droid and IPhone but I'm not exactly sure what they are. Can you please list them along with your preference between the two and why? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:12 PM

The iphone apps are way better...but the droid has more apps..

Ads

I like the iphone because apple makes thing easier and the iphone just looks nicer. they both have the same computing power.

First off, "Droid" is just one phone. I think you are referring to ANDROID. Android is the name of the operating system that a phone like Droid runs on. It is made by Google. iOS is the name of the operating system that iPhones, iPads and iPods run on. It is made by Apple.

The difference between the two is that there are bazillion devices that run on Android like the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S II, Droid, Droid 2, HTC Amaze, HTC Sensation, LG G2x and much more while iOS runs on just a few devices namely iPhone, iPod etc.

Google makes Android (software) and licenses it out to manufacturers who make the phones or tablets (hardware) that run Android. Apple, on the other hand, makes BOTH the hardware and software. Think of it like your PC. If you want a Windows laptop, you can get an HP or Sony or Toshiba or an Asus because they all run the same Windows. If you want a laptop that runs OS X (Apple), you only have one option, get a Mac.

Anyway, on to differences. Android is much more open, versatile and customizable while iPhone is more closed, stale and lacks customization. On Android, you have widgets, live wallpapers, folders (iOS copied Android's folder system), ability to install custom OS and much more. Whereas iPhone lacks many of these features. They are pretty much the same bland and boring. Once you have an iPhone, you're just like the millions of (forgive my language) sheep out there.

Android has so many useful features that make it more accessible. For example, on iPhones, you are forced to scroll through pages and pages of apps and folders just to open a weather app to check the weather. ON ANDROID, you simply add a widget to your homescreen that displays the weather at all times making it just a swipe away. With widgets you can bring news, social media feed like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube right to your homescreen. You can have a flashlight right on your desktop.

Another big feature Android has over iPhone is flash. Flash is used by 90% of the web. Flash is the software that plays YouTube videos, Facebook games and interactive content. On iPhones, none of this is available. On Android, you get all this so you get the FULL web experience and not just half of it.

Finally, Android is much more open. You can do WHATEVER you want with your phone. You can install apps from both the internet and the market. On iPhones, if it is not available in the app store, then forget about it. This means that if there is an app out there that streams free movies and Apple bans it from the app store then you are out of luck. On Android, even if Google bans it, you can still get it from a website or a friend.

I can keep going but I hope these facts are enough to help you see the light and steer away from what is now simply known as a SHEEP phone.

Good luck.

I like the iphone because apple makes thing easier Big Grin

You can get free iphone 4S on bigsaleiphone4s.com

Thanks