This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electronic Voting Machines Should Be Used In All Elections?
11-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Electronic Voting Machines Should Be Used In All Elections?
I am doing an english report on the topic above.
I am actually unfamiliar with this topic.
If some one could help me out with information on this that would be lovely.
I will give someone as many points as i can if i think yours is more in detail and helps me out alot more.
thank you everyone who will answer the question i appreciate you taking time out to do this for me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Here on the left coast, I've never seen an electronic voting machine, only the old kind where you put a dot with the felt pen through the hole to the ballot card.

Ads

Mitt produces these machines.

Especially if you're like Mitt Romney and your family owns the machines that will count the votes.

Electronic voting machines are not always reliable so I would not support their use.

I am responding from Canada where a ballot is marked 'X' on the line next to the candidate of ones' choice with a black lead pencil.

The votes are counted and entered by machine. In the case of a discrepancy, the paper ballots are recounted. In the case of a poorly marked ballot, it may be excluded. This eliminates the problem with 3 corner chads, two corner chads, 1 corner chads, dimples with sunlight or just plain dimples as one finds with paper ballots in some U.S. voting systems.

I think the U.S. is overdue for a single voting method across the board but electronic voting machines are just too vulnerable to tampering and a variety of other complications.

I hope this is some assistance on your english report. Good Day!

New York used mechanical voting machines made by Shoup, which were extremely hard to alter results. Electronic machines however, are faitrly easy to alter, since it just requires hacking the memory or the program to flip a small percentage of votes.

Voting machines are a total fraud.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/2...qI.twitter