This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Compaq Laptop is soo slow!?
10-03-2012, 03:57 AM
My Compaq Laptop is soo slow!?
What should I do? It sometimes works but when it does i can watch say 2 or 3 videos on youtube then it goes really slow and crackly. sometimes it says high CPU usage and i dont know what that means please someone tell me whjats wrong with it or how to fix it its really annoying i dont usually go on weird sites i normally just go on facebook youtube pinterest twitter and occasionally google sites if i have to look something up please help!!! xxxxxxxx ill choose best answer xxx
I dont have 3 youtube videos up at once i mean i have facebook and youtube up i can watch 3 youtube videos on youtube (the tab thats already open) i dont have 3 tabs of v videos up thats just stupid i only have 2 tabs open at once xxxxxxx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 04:05 AM

you have too many windows open - try closing a few. when playing 3 youtube videos, it has to buffer all 3, and if the memory isn't great, it will struggle to cope

Ads

High CPU usage just means your computer is being overworked (it happens to me when I have a lot of tabs open). Basically, all the programs installed on your laptop are using the highest amount of energy.

There are a few things you can do, and many depend on having a good anti-virus software. Some anti-virus' can delete cookies, temporary internet files and run a disk optimization. These things help clear away things stored on your computer by the intenet (you don't need them, and they slow down the computer). Try something like Norton.

Internet sites like youtube/facebook or google are usually the ones that leave the most amount of temporary files. If you don't delete these, the computer will have less memory, and will be working overtime.

hiii to you Smile
I think your ram and cpu is low ; how long have u been using this window ? i.e haven't reformatted it ? you can install a new windows and see Smile
or , try using cleaning programs like ' CCleaner ' to clean history or cookeis , temporary internet files , coz they really affects pc performance if they accumulates . Smile
hope I helped you even a little Smile good luck
Btw,it has nothing to do whether u open more than one tap or not. The matter is with the laptop features which u didn't mention in ur question!

Your laptop probably needs a new processor and more RAM. If its a new computer, the processor is probably fine. If its old, you might need a new one. Eitherq old or new it needs more memory (or RAM). This is a very easy do-it-yourself task (pushing a flat chip into a slot. You can buy RAM online at http://www.crucial.com and it will tell you what kind you need and how much you need. There usually is a "RAM Slot" underneath the keyboard and on the back somewhere. If you don't want to do it your self, there's probably a computer repair place somewhere in your area. For figuring out how to install it google (or bing it, yahoo it or whatever you use) "How to install ram on Compaq" and then whatever model it is.