This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is putting my prices on my business cards a good idea?
11-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Is putting my prices on my business cards a good idea?
I work at a Barber Shop and I wanted to put my prices on my business cards so people could already know how much I charged before they came. I don't like when people come to the shop, ask about the prices, and then have to leave and go elsewhere because they're on a budget. So I was wondering if putting my prices on my cards would be a good idea or not. Thanks in advance.
Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:15 PM

nope say call for further information

Ads

I think putting prices on your business cards would look clunky and cluttered.

What I have seen some barbers do in my neighborhood is to advertise their cheapest cuts (Buzz cuts $8--ask for Jim) on a sandwich board outside the shop. Their shops always seem to be busy so it must work Smile

It's all about forward thinking. If you are a new business, you may want to experiment with pricing over time to see what your market responds to. If you are absolutely set on your pricing, then you can list your prices on the back of the card, but I don't recommend it. The problem with doing this is the future. For example, if someone keeps your card and you increase your prices three years later because the cost of doing business has increased, you'll be obligated to offer them the price on the card or risk getting into a "that's an old card and we no longer honor those prices" discussion, ticking off the person, who is likely tell all of their friends on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc. not to do business with you. As an alternative, create a three-fold brochure that lists your various services and prices and place a few copie in a rack in your reception area. That way, walk-ins can look at the price list and they have a take-away.