This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to push twitter insert on a webpage over?
10-03-2012, 04:15 AM
How to push twitter insert on a webpage over?
I recently added a twitter widget to my website. The only problem is I can't seem to get it to move over a bit. I want to add either so padding or a margin using css but I can't seem to get it to work. It's currently sitting in a sidebar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks In Advance!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 04:23 AM

Hi Naomi,

I would suggest wrapping the widget in a div, then adding a margin to the wrapper. Also, is your site hand coded or is it built with a content management system such as WordPress? I hope this helps. Can you provide a link to the page with the widget on it?

Ads

Wrapping it in a div element is only going to cause you more styling/positioning issues.

The widget is already contained in a wrapper, easily manipulated where you need it to go.

If you are stuck with the exact CSS to use, provide a link and then I can give you the exact CSS bits to use.

For your own attempts, you are going to want to give the already existing wrapper, with it's own ID already, the CSS property 'position: relative;', then move it with the positioning attributes 'left, right, top, bottom', depending on the need. You may also need to through in a little bit of margins too, depending on your current styles.

The best way to go about this is to use absolute positioning with proper declarations of the heights and widths, but that may be a little more than you're comfortable with. Again, provide links and then you'll get a more detailed, tailored answer.

Note: wrapping it in a div will just cause more issues.

Cheers,
Gitlez

i was so stuck like that on a facebook thing, it cracked me up for hours lol i ended up i used a website firm, done within 25 mins lol after spending hours for nothing, maube they can help you, couldnt hurt to email them