This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How conservative do you conservatives want America to be?
11-18-2012, 01:07 PM
How conservative do you conservatives want America to be?
Religion, economic, social and foreign policies is what I'd like the focus to be on. Is there anything you would consider too conservative?
I am pleasantly surprised to see common sense and civility in nearly all the responses. Picking a best answer may actually be tough.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:16 PM

Freedom of religion - Do what you want to do as far as it doesn't violate any laws (murder, theft, polygamy, etc), Economic- Free Market with the fewest government interferences as possible (barring a reasonable minimum wage and anti-monopoly actions), Social - Provide for those that ABSOLUTELY need it, and when they get up, drop the support to force them to make it on their own. Foreign Policy - Leave others alone, trade, form alliances (economic), but if you mess with the US, we pound your face in. No more of this "we can't bomb them because they are in a mosque (or church, just to be fair)" crap.

Ads

I'd like us to be just conservative enough to retain common sense, keep the system running smoothly, keep people working in jobs and keep our laws ethical.

I don't like religion being imposed, but the ACLU idea is just crazy

1905. Except for race relations.

Just a few morals and common sense would be enough.

I would say:

A more isolationist foreign policy.

'Performance orientated' social services spending (Identifying performance expectations for social relief programs and eliminating funding for those that do not perform)

Fiscal restraint.

Neither the endorsement nor discrimination against any religion. (If somebody is offended by anthers Christmas decorations - they need to get a life.)

Increasing penalties for drug abuse. (Such as no professional license for 5 years after any drug related conviction.)

Lose affirmative action and base everything on a persons qualifications.

Reward long term investment as a method of growing the economy.