This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is twitter and how is it better than Myspace?
11-18-2012, 01:08 PM
What is twitter and how is it better than Myspace?
Whats the hype with twitter? Is it better than myspace and facebook? whats the pros and cons?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:16 PM

Twitter isn't at all like myspace or facebook. It does however automatically update your facebook status if you have that app installed on facebook.

http://www.commoncraft.com/twitter

It's a stalker program, it allows you to send a text to everyone following you.
Allowing them to see you change your status.

Once you sign up you can use your phone to text your status updates to 40404. And whoever is watching you will get a text on their phone saying what you are currently doing.

example:
I am going to church.
I am listening to some cool music.
I am making butter toast, mmm I love toast.
I just got a speeding ticket.

Ads

it's a place were people can easily stalk you .

ex:
what im doing: talking
5 minutes later;
what im doing: not talking

twitter is a website where you post messages. such as what you are doing. alot of celebrities do it so their fans can follow them.

and in my opinion, its not as good as myspace or facebook

Twitter is a social networking service that sends you texts or "tweets" on people that you "follow" that updates you on what they are doing.

my opinion is it is WAY FAR from being better than myspace/

I think what makes it "better" is that it's the new media darling right now. It's always in the news. Cons: It's getting a lot of idiots in trouble. Like that Republican dude stating how he landed in Baghdad. Not smart. lol Or was it a Democrat? I don't remember. Either way, it was dumb.

Pro: It's something new to do if you're bored with myspace/facebook

Another con: Obviously it's a tool for stalkers. lol I don't twitter. Sorry. I used to Myspace but it got old after like a year. Now i just Yahoo Answers! It's the new cool.

If you have been on facebook, you know the facebook "statuses." If you dont know, a status is a sentence or so of what you are doing or just something you want to say...

ex: I just studied for a hard test and got an A!, I am at the mall with my bffs, text me! , etc . Its like an "away message" on aim almost.

On twitter, its just a list of your statuses and you change them as much as you want. You can "follow" people, and see what they are up to. Many celebrities and even politicians (obama) etc use this to keep their fans and followers updated on important, or just fun things. There is no posting of immature pictures like myspace, you can meet people you dont know, but its not like myspace in that respect, you dont design a home page, it really is just following peoples' statuses.

Twitter is again a socail networking website, it is totally different from MY space
twitter is used for making the Followers , and we can share our tweets with our followers ,
it all about the giving updates , which all other can share with each other.