This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How To: Delete a widget on a MyTouch PERMANENTLY?
11-18-2012, 01:08 PM
How To: Delete a widget on a MyTouch PERMANENTLY?
Does anyone know how to do this?
I know how to take it off the screen long press then drag
but how do you delete it permanently?

my brother put espn and twitter on my phone and i dont use any of those 2
so i want to delete them.. help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:17 PM

There are two ways that your brother could have put those widgets on your phone, and either way the process is the same.

1.) He has installed an ESPN and twitter widget
2.) You have Freshface installed (could be another home screen changing app, but I haven't used those)

Either way to get rid of them is easy.

1.) Click on the android market app
2.) Press the menu button and then click on downloads
-You should now see a list of all the applications that you have downloaded, plus if any apps need to be updated
3.) Look for the offending app, be it espn widget, twitter widget, or Freshface.
4.) Click on the app and then on the bottom of the screen you will get 2 options: open or uninstall, uninstall the app

Now if it turns out that you have fresh face then I would reconsider uninstalling it, even if you are annoyed by them.
The number of ways that you can customize your home screen with Freshface is rather extensive, plus it is the only real free way to customize your home screen, by adding extra screen's different app icons, etc. for the mytouch.

But, even if you do decide to delete it you can always install it again from the android market, so no biggie Smile.

Hope this helps!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply