This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to use twitter? Can I post my comment on my friends twitter walls like facebook?
11-18-2012, 01:08 PM
how to use twitter? Can I post my comment on my friends twitter walls like facebook?
I also would like to contact some people I follow on my twitter can someone explain How I can do that? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:17 PM

No. On Twitter you can tweet them. Say i wanted to say something to my sister Katie.. lets just say her twitter name is katie. Then in the little status box thing you just type @katie (so always put the @ sign and then their user name) and then type whatever you would like. So, i would just be like @katie Hey! lol.

Ads

Haha, no you can't comment on their walls!
To communicate with people on Twitter, you "@reply" them.
You type the @ symbol and then enter their user name and they'll get the @reply.
If you have a private message for them you can direct message them by clicking the "Direct Message" tab on the right hand side of your Twitter home page.

To use it, you simply type what you're doing or what you want to say and click the "tweet" button!

Twitter is a microblogging service, like you can go on and on about yourself albeit in just about 140 characters, it is useful as most people use it, pretty accessible too. Twitter doesn't have walls, they just have their own timeline, you could send a @ reply to contact a friend or someone whom you follow or follows you. Eg: @ryan Yo man, lets hang out later tonight at the Pub. Here, ryan is your friend and is his twitter handle, if his name is Ryan and @ryan (the handle) belongs to Ryan Seacrest, your friend might have a twitter handle such as @ryanbutler or something of that sort.

You can see @ replies from a tab on twitter that says Retweets and lists out all of your mentions.
Eg: If your handle is @jack, if Ryan Butler posts "@jack Sure thing mate, see ya there" you can see that reply in that particular tab.

All the best on using Twitter. Have a blast !

if ya have any more doubts, hit me up @aMjAZzz