This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would happen if Social Networking (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc.) just dissappeared one day?
11-18-2012, 01:09 PM
What would happen if Social Networking (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc.) just dissappeared one day?
Due to the recent attack on Twitter, I have decided to write an article for a local newspaper about what would happen if we lost social media entirely and there was no way to recover it. I dont want an explanation on why it couldnt happen, I DO want an explanation on how it could happen, and I DO want to know what WOULD happen.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:17 PM

I would be PISSED!!!

Ads

pigs would fly

The world would be a better, more peaceful place. Pick up a book. Write a letter. =)

*And Im not some old person. Im 16.*

Contacting a large number of people easily and quickly would become impossible. People wouldn't have as many contacts, parties wouldn't be as good, and getting to know other people would be much harder. Not to mention that we probably wouldn't remember birthdays. However, many of us Facebook users would probably go to sleep earlier and waste less of our precious homework time.

You missed the total news, It affected twitter, myspace , facebook and live journal. The sites repaired the servers and slowly got service back one server at a time. Meanwhile, everyone came in here and asked a hundred questions.
edit : All four were hacked with a program that denied service.

People might actually talk to one another face to face -- now isn't that a novel Idea? They might actually learn social skills

I think at first it would be a big deal within the media. Lots of talk about how it has affected its users, lawsuits against the companies, if it got hacked and destroyed or something like that - a manhunt for those responsible, and well publicized trials. But then, I think people would get over it. Long distance relationships with families and friends would simply be continued through email and phone calls. Let's face it, anyone who owns can afford a computer can afford a phone. Events would spread through word of mouth and invitations like they used to. Everything would just go back to the way things were 5 years ago when social networking sites were not as big.

A lot of people would be angry, because a lot of people use these sites everyday for many reasons.

Some businesses use sites like facebook, myspace, and twitter to advertise their site and post news and updates about their site. If we didn't have all the social networking sites, they would lose those free ways to advertise and post updates using other sites people check a lot and use themselves.

Also businesses would lose some important info, as well as regular people.

People use these sites to contanct and keep in touch with their friends over the internet, so people would lose that contact, they would have to just email like everyone used to.

People would also lose information like their photos, music, and other info they have stored on that website.

However, this would also be a good thing as well as bad.
People possibly wouldn;t be on the computer as much, doing other things possibly like going outside?

There would also not be as much meeting people over the internet, which means less cyber bullying, and other bad things people do over the internet.

people could go back to the way there was without all these social networking sites, contacting their friends by letter, email and phone.

There would be another civil war probably. I am an old guy, 73 and I would hate to see them go. I am retired, I have very little to do except sit at my computer. They are a lot of company, and past time for me.
trueloveleon@yahoo.com