This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do liberals think conservatives ONLY watch Fox News?
11-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Why do liberals think conservatives ONLY watch Fox News?
I'm guessing because their local access station doesn't get Democracy Now or athiest.org TV. I'm conservative and watch a little of ALL news. Radio, tv, & internet.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:18 PM

there is an exception in every category, your trying to prove a point based on your own experience. Then why do a lot of conservatives defend fox? You may not do it but a majority does

Ads

Liberals aren't the sharpest tool in the shed

I have never watched, but libs always tell me to stop watching. I think 75% of FOX watchers are liberals hoping for something to hurt their thinskin feelings.

Liberals like to think that they have a corner on the "open mindedness" market - and they, like conservatives, believe that what THEY watch and listen to is the truth; all else are lies.

I am personally a little offended at being characterized as a Fox-watching, Limbaugh-listening right wing drone.

Believe it or not, I get a lot of my news starting right here on YA - I read the politics section to see what people are talking about, what they are complaining about, who they are attacking on what policy, then I start reading articles. I read the Wall Street Journal, the NY Times - I subscribe to the Op-Ed pages of the Washington Post and I read the opinions of Dana Millbank, Kathleen Parker, Charles Krauthammer, George Will, Richard Cohen.

I don't remember the last time I listened to an entire Rush Limbaugh show, or Sean Hannity show - I just don't have that kind of time during that time of day. By the time the evening news comes on Fox or NBC or ABC, I've gotten about all I can take from the Internet, from the radio, from Twitter and from a zillion other sources to really care.

I think that's the reality here - I don't think I'm as much of an exception as others would make me out to be. When someone has an opinion different from yours, it's so much easier to dismiss them as "brainwashed" than to actually have to engage in an informed debate.