This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are things i would need to do or have to be a Realtor?
11-18-2012, 01:10 PM
what are things i would need to do or have to be a Realtor?
im a freshmen in high school and im planning on becoming a realtor in the future whats some things i will have to do now or have to be successful.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:18 PM

When you are old enough you need to take classes and pass the test to get your realtor license. You need to be a good salesperson, good at math and English and spelling, and dress professionally.

Ads

11-18-2012, 01:18 PM

Start saving your money - you will need at least six months living expenses, plus enough money to build up your business and market yourself. You don't need college, but you do need to have some sales experience and just life experience under your belt. I tried real estate just out of college and found that people were reluctant to do business with someone so young. I went into a different career and then went back into real estate in my late twenties. This is not to discourage you - many people do well in the business at a young age!

Read Realtor Magazine; they have an annual feature on 30 under 30 - profiling 30 real estate practitioners in their twenties who are successful in their markets. Talk to everyone you know in the business or in related fields and learn from them. You may also want to find an agent who wants a part-time assistant; I'm assuming at your age, you are quite savvy with Twitter, Facebook etc. Most agents are older and are not up on social networking - you could be a great resource to them now.

It's a good business, but is not for everyone - higher highs and lower lows than most careers, and it is truly your own business, so your income depends entirely on your efforts. You can make a nice living or you can go broke - it's entirely up to you! Good luck -