This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anti-Regulation Conservatives, A Question For you:?
11-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Anti-Regulation Conservatives, A Question For you:?
So, am I to take it that NO regulation is needed to bridle dangerous/exploitative practices of industry?

What about that pesy, ol', in-the-way regulation FDR enacted that MANDATES prison time and immediate closure of any factory and dangerous chemical plant that (regularly) employed babies as young as FIVE???!

As a free-mkt. conservative, how do you justify this practice?
vegeta: You say something about "... unlike you, I've actually taken some econimics classes"... so have I; further, as you don't know a D--N thing about me personally or what I studied in college, so you sound like a true diot for making assumtions.
Further vegeta, child labor "no longer exists" in this country due the the WONDERFUL and GREAT President FDR and his SOUND policies, THATS why, so don't get too cocky, pal. And where it DOES exists, efforts of progressives worldwise are being made to STOP it, so please talk what you know and stop making an @zz of yourself.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:12 AM

Naturally some regulation is needed. In a perfect world business would protect its workers and the public. This is not a perfect world. Regulation should be necessary, enforceable, affordable, minimal, and limited as much as can be.

Ads

I suppose you buy nothing made in China because you are a principled liberal and you would never support a system that has no regulations.

The problem is that you are an idiot. Making 5 year olds work is force and force is anti free market and force is or should be illegal. Most regulations exist for the sole purpose of shutting down competition. Banks and corporations pay off politicians and then the politicians make the regulations and it shuts down the competition of big business. The government is owned by the anti free market banks and corporations, when they pass regulations its not to help you, its to shut down competition.

I am very liberally socially, fiscally I like to keep an open mind. Unlike you, I've actually taken several economic classes, and let me assure you that the free-market system is incredibly complex, intrinsic, and beneficial. Free-market systems work because they promote competition, and in a world filled with characteristic greed, the free-market system allows prices to justify themselves and not by individual people. In terms of child-labor, this phenomenon is not even remotely relevant regarding American business. Justifying that practice is ridiculous simply because it no longer exists, so your question is erroneous and highly archaic. The problem facing businesses in America is the 35% corporate tax. Corporations don't want to stay here in America because they will make a bigger profit elsewhere. And in these other companies, child-labor is legal. Direct this question elsewhere

Oh, my bad bro, I apologize. I just assumed your child labor nonsense meant you were uneducated, now I understand you're actually ignorant of reality. Thanks for clearing that up, although I wander what's worse, not knowing because of lack of information, or the failure to accurately perceive that of which you have been exposed to? As for child-labor laws, yes, FDR did ban their implementation. But if you know anything about history, which I gather you do, being a genius and everything, many of FDR's policies are screwing us over right now 70 years later. Social security is great, but who the hell is going to pay for it in a few decades? Now go put your nose in a few more books instead of making an @zz out of yourself (:

oh & 1 more thing bro, chill, my B. If I insulted you in any way, that wasn't my intent. Really. I'm not the kinda guy to incite anger on the internet. I don't know who you are in terms of politics, beliefs, education, etc, and I don't need to. No hard feelings, my apologies