This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yahoo answer question? This is really weird!?
11-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Yahoo answer question? This is really weird!?
I keep seeing my questions re-posted by someone. Different people each time though, and there are the same answers given. My activity is private! Am I being hacked or something?!? This is creeping me out!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:13 AM

Idk but I'd change my password just in case.

Ads

That is kind of strange. You might have an Answers troll following you and posting under multiple accounts.

One thing you should know though is that your Q&A are in fact still visible on your Pulse page. Even though they are set to private on Answers.

To fix that from Answers go to My Activity>View Pulse>Settings>Manage updates. Make sure "Share my updates" is unchecked and Save at the bottom of the page.

You can also manage if you want your account linked to Facebook or Twitter from Settings>Manage my linked accounts.

(edit) You can also hide your Pulse profile, but this will cause you to only be able to have a default avatar. There are ways to have your Pulse visible and still protect your privacy. If you want to know how check out BA on this question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...859AAwX8PN

It's easy to copy and paste. I don't think it's so much that you're being hacked as it is those who have no creativity to think up their own questions. I see a lot of things that fall into the "you help me out and I'll help you out" thing. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you see something that directly affects you personally.