This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How exactly can outsourced jobs be retained within the country?
11-19-2012, 02:06 AM
How exactly can outsourced jobs be retained within the country?
But still remain competitive enough for the corporations to make enough money.

Will free markets come to an end in the largest capitalist economy in the world, and the age of protectionism begin?

Or will the countries to which the US outsources to become so rich that they lose their competitive advantage that there is no longer an advantage outsourcing to them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:15 AM

Low taxes.

Ads

eventually it will go to the most efficient workers - that means we have to more productive or only accept payment for the work not all the social benefits that other countries do not have. I remeber my friend being told he would have to accept a quarter of the pay to continue doing his job. While that did suck I always remember that he told me that half of his time he spent surfing the internet.

But anyway, fear not - from what I understand all the Indian jobs are being outsourced to other parts of Asia - while outsourcing may not be the best for us - it could be the best for the world as a whole.

It makes no "common sense" to even wnat to prevent "out-sourcing", let alone trying to stop it! Exporting jobs (like telephone support, for example, which is moving to India on a massive scale) creates better value in the US (because it keeps costs down), and creates new prospering local markets over there. Those wealthier workers then spend their money on American goods, which is good for us all. The "free market" is not a zero-sum game with a finite amount of money to go around! Growth anywhere is ultimately good for everybody.

Stop hitting the people who actually create new jobs with disincentives and stumbling blocks to their activities. Where regulations are necessary, make government funded experts available to help them through it and give them a blank pardon if they follow the advice of the experts and wind up breaking some law or regulation that's buried in the paperwork.
- The voice of experience- I red-lined Wyoming in 1977, the USA in 1985 in all fields I am actually interested in. Since then I have violated that red-line twice and got my head handed to me. Life can be good as long as I don't try to actually accomplish anything. Well, I'm still trying, but the limitations I put on where and how are severe. I regard a valid passport as an essential tool.