This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you advertise your own website?
11-19-2012, 02:08 AM
How do you advertise your own website?
We have decided to open our own website. So we are doing our research and one aspect that concerns us as a small family operation is how does a business advertise their website in the didtal rehlm? How do we get our site as one of the ones to come up on the search engines? Also, What is the best bang for the buck paid advertisement locations on the web for a very small family buisness?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:16 AM

Yes the following sites are a good start to post services or items on.

http://www.sellit-right.com

http://www.craigslist.org

Use Article siites to talk about your site;

EZinearticles.com
Blogger.com
GoArticles.com

Ads

===========================================
Initial advertisement of a business website
===========================================
1. The fact is that best of the traffic comes from search engines directly by searching your business related terms, so the most important part of your advertisement must be getting listed in search engines. But remember only major search engines, don't bother about submitting in 350,000 search engines as 99% searches are made in top 3 search engines only and 60% in Google only. Also if you waste your time submitting your content in many search engines, it may depress your favourability in top search engines.
(Best way to automatically include your stuff is using directories, see step 2)( See resources list ).

2. List your products or websites in relevant directories in most relevant category. Directories are good source of traffic as well as they increase the visibility of your website for top search engines. But again don't bother to submit your websites to 1000s of directories and don't use any service ( free or paid ) or any software which does the same thing. ( See resources list ).

3. Use Pay Per Click advertising. It is best hassle free way to get traffic but not for beginners. An expert draws maximum CUSTOMERS out of low budget while newbies may waste a lot of money for generating TRAFFIC only which doesn't make any good to your business. Before trying PPC make your you have done enough "Keyword Analysis" Search Google for Adwords Keyword Analysis. ( See resources list ).Google's Adwords and Yahoo's Search Engine Marketing & MSN's Adcenter are best programs. Search for Discount coupons if you find none for free contact me.( See resources list ).

4. Purchase paid reviews, It improves both Traffic & Search Engine ranks. It almost boost your search engine rankings. ( See resources list ).

5. Submit your business in free classifieds like Craigslist. ( See resources list ).

6. Hire an SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) expert or learn by yourself how to optimize your website to get better ranking in search results for your business related terms. getting into first page is necessary as 90% of searchers don't go beyond first page, and 70% don't go beyond first five results.

7. Make your business a brand. Use catchy graphics fast loading pages, beautiful banners. let your visitor feel to bookmark your website so that he may come ( or probably purchase later )

8. Use Social bookmarking websites to spread your articles. periodically write useful and fresh articles and make them popular in interested people. it will improve all brand, traffic, customers and search engine positions. ( See resources list ).

9. Last but not the least. Never try black hat methods you will get black listed and will loose potential search traffic instantaneously. Never try anything which says improve your search engine rank very fast or very high. remember always that anything which seems too good to be true is never true.

Use social bookmarking websites.
Also try Pay Per Click advertising. Its very effective.

I agree with the guy, that gave you the long explanation, however, I would also add it to yahoo and msn. Those are the top three.

I would also suggest setting up a facebook account and a twitter account, and add and build to that daily. You will be shocked at what a snowball effect that has, everyone will look at your links, and ask about your business etc. If you want to email me, I can go more into it with you. Too long to put here. My email is snyderp08@gmail.com ..put something in the subject line to get my attention.

Also, there is a company that I am involved with where you get paid to advertise your site, and you are guaranteed so many views a day, which boosts your Alexa rating. (this is how your stie is graded). The site is below. You can view all the info, however, in my opinion, once you sign up for a free account you can get into the back office, and I feel it is better explained there. So, what you will need to do is use my ID number to get in, and that number is V6GC37.. and it goes more into detail there. You are not obligated to anything at all.

Again, feel free to email me.