This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a way to bypass 'password is too obvious" on Twitter?
11-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Is there a way to bypass 'password is too obvious" on Twitter?
I want to make a twitter account and I don't care how well protected the account is. I just want to make a simple password that I won't forget (ie. 1234567) I hate how a lot of sites now make you use caps and numbers in your password

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:17 AM

just make it an easy password like your name spelled backwards with a cap letter in front and @11 at the end.

and you can set your computer to remember the password.

and when you set the titter page on favorites you can alter the title instead of what it has and write Twitter: password Dork@1234 use hotmail addy

Ads

Twitter needs to make sure your account doesn't get stolen. That does happen. Just ask @Mat (Tech Journalist Mat Honan, they hacked his entire online digital life just to get access to his twitter account). They make sure you pick decent passwords.

This isn't hard. Pick a word you can remember like yahoo. Capitalize it, yaHoo for example Add some Numbers, 42, the answer to life, the universe and everything to get yaHoo42. Add a symbol

yaHoo!42

And yes, you can put these pieces anywhere. So long as you remember the algorithm, you can remember the password.

Another option is to use something like LastPass. You make one secure password and it remembers all the rest of them. It even generates secure passwords for various sites. This allows you to not use the same password everywhere (that is part of what happened to Mat Honan) and you don't actually know or even need to know your passwords. You can set last pass to login automatically on systems that are secure (my desktop has one user, ME). My laptop, I log into lastpass once per login session. All the rest, it knows.

Oh, and if you want to scare yourself silly, here is Mat's very interesting article on that hack. http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/08/a...cking/all/

Tough cookies. This is the 21st century and everything is connected. If your account gets compromised you may not care personally, but it can gie an attacker enough leverage to also break in to your friend's/family's accounts, or even just more of your other accounts that maybe you do care about (like your bank).

Websites don't enforce complex passwords for your protection. They do it to protect everyone.

So, do you not know what a pen and paper is for ?
write the passwords down,

Make sure your password is at least ten characters long
and is completely random.
use a mixture of numbers, letters, both upper and lower case and use symbols.

when giving an answer to a security question,
never ever put an actual true answer.
make another password and use that.(again at least ten characters long)

write the passwords down and keep them in a safe place.

using at least ten characters it would take several years to crack the password,
thus making it non-profitable for any hacker to attempt to crack it.

99% of hacked accounts are hacked by someone the victim knows personally.

If you've ever wondered just how secure your favourite password is,
here's a simple web site that will tell you.
Just go to http://www.howsecureismypassword.net/ and start typing.
As you type, the indicator is updated after every character
to tell you, approximately,
how long someone on a desktop PC would typically take to crack it.

The way to bypass that is to use a password that's not too obvious. Read this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/25-worst-p...55980.html

If it's a simple password that you won't forget, it's a simple password that ANYBODY can guess and get into your account and have free access to all of your information. If you need to, write it down somewhere where you can find it (don't put it near the computer). Write it down on a piece of paper, making sure you use a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols and make sure it's at least 8 characters long. After you write it down, put the piece of paper in a book on your bookshelf. Finally, don't do anything stupid like putting your password on your computer.