This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What makes Twitter different than Facebook?
11-19-2012, 02:10 AM
What makes Twitter different than Facebook?
From what I know, You tweet what you want to say and your "followers" will know what you're doing or thinking of. But is there more to it? Because if that's about it, then it sounds lame and I don't see how it caught on. The only reason I bothered asking this is because I see it has caught on and I hope I won't see a day when Twitter has more members than Facebook if what I said was true. Sorry for my bias, I guess I just like having only one social network account.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:18 AM

That is what it is for. You can have a lot of follower (or 'fans') and you can update them all at once just by adding a twit post. In a sense, it's like an opt-in mailing list, except everyone can see what you have sent out in the past and its replies from the website as well.

I don't like the twitter format though. There are no thread or topic, just random posts. It's a jumbled mess. Unless you like those kind of stuff, I prefer the facebook account.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply