This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the best accessories to go with my 64g wifi Ipad?
11-19-2012, 02:16 AM
What are the best accessories to go with my 64g wifi Ipad?
I've just ordered my Ipad and am wondering what bits and bobs I might need to take full advantage of it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:25 AM

since iPad is a new device it has just a few accessories on the market.Most of them are produced by Apple, but I've heard about a physical keyboard which could be attached to the iPad like a netbook ,but for me the point of having a tablet PC is not having mice and keyboards. Anyway just look at the Apple's website: http://www.apple.com/ipad/accessories/

Ads

Must haves:

Apple IPad case: it doesn't only protect the device but also it gives a perfect angle for typing and watching video. With apple case on, I can type faster on iPad than i do on any laptop.
Other case may look more attractive but none of them does what Apple case can do.

Camera Kit: Just for $29 you get two dongles that allow you to connect your digital camera and memory card directly to iPad to transfer photos and videos. You can even attach memory card hub and put different kind of memory cards.

iPad Bag: there are many light and super slim bags available in the market. Laptop bags are heavy and if bags are heavy then there is no point of carrying a light weight iPad. Carry laptop instead so I think light weight bag is a must have.
I grabbed one from store Ross just for $15 it's good enough to accommodate power cable,iPad,digital camera, some other dongles and cables ,headphones.

You can also get blutooth keyboard from either Apple store or online if you want cheaper ones. But I won't suggest you to get apple dock I think Apple was sleeping when they made dock for iPad. The dock is totally useless and you can't use in landscape mode.

But if you search online , there are docks available that lets you use the iPad on landscape mode and it also allow you to use external keyboard in landscape mode.

You can buy Motorola Blutooth stereo headset.

Now some apps:

Netflix
Abc Player
We Rule -game
N.O.V.A - game
GoodReader- download video directly to device and upload document to google doc, dropbox,Box, save email attachments, browse the web while downloading video.

Desktop:divide the screen ,on one side browse the Internet and on other side use calculator ,unit converter, translator,email or any other app with radio playing at background.

Radio:it's a free and only radio app that works at background.

IM lite: chat on google ,AOL,Twitter,FB or others and browse the Internet at the same time.

Pages,Numbers,Keynote: $9.99 each .get them if you are into creating documents.
I use them for my office work everyday.

Websites:

Contrary to common belief , iPad can stream full length movies and TV shows and it's better than any computer coz when you watch movies for free on computer , you get many pop ups and ad banners. You get none on iPad.

For news: MSNBC.com

For movies: iphonemoviez.net

Tv shows: app Abc Player

TV.com
NBC.com
CBS.com

The ipad is just a large iphone/ipod touch lol! It is pretty sweet though! my dad bought some for a raffle at his corporation and I have one I play with daily. the down part is you cant put it in your pocket, you have to treat it like a notebook computer.

the following accessories are released by the apple for the i pad.they are:
i pad keyboard dock:through this you can charge your i pad using keyboard and it has special keys that activate i pad features.
i pad case:it is useful to carry your i pad safely
i pad camera connection kit:with this,you can import pictures from your camera to your i pad
i pad power adapter:by using this you can charge your i pad directly through electric outlet.
wireless keyboard:it works by using blue tooth technology.you can type from any where without connecting keyboard to i pad.
apple earphones with head phone and mic

To start off with - I would get a good case. This really is a form of insurance - to physically protect your investment.

Beyond that, I would wait until you actually receive the iPad and use it for a bit. Depending on how and where you do your computing you will get a feel for what items you will need.

Personally, I would probably appreciate a stand (both vertical and horizontal orientation) so I could charge the iPad and also use it as a digital picture frame.

An extra charger is always handy.

And the camera connection kit looks promising as well - a way to get pics onto the iPad without syncing with a computer.

Of course you will want to also join a community where you can get tons of e-book downloads for the ipad.

You can join here:
http://buytabletpconline.com/mypad

I suggest a case & screen protector to help your iPad be safe & sound wherever you may go.

Ipad case and screen protector.