This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I start a flyer distribution business?
11-19-2012, 02:17 AM
How can I start a flyer distribution business?
My friend gave me the idea and I am wondering how I can get started. I live in Ontario and are there any rules regarding starting this kind of business? I want to distribute door to door flyers, hangers. brochures, postcards, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:25 AM

Well. I have a flyer distribution business in Hamilton, Ontario. We target all of Stoney Creek and parts of Hamilton. What you need is a business name and some business cards. You will have to market your service targeting small businesses in you area at first. Put your business name in online directories, facebook, twitter. You must know that this is very labour intensive and it helps if you hire some people to help you out to start. You can start by distributing flyers, door hangers and/or anything else for a very small amount.

You can email me at info@flydistribution.com if you have any questions and we can talk more.

Hope that helps

Ads

yes

You should go to the city and apply for a license to be legitimate. I don't know what the laws in Canada are but I know many of them are similiar to the US. Once you get yourself legitimate on taxes, licenses, etc. then write up a business plan. You can find how to do one at the library or online. It's a simple way or plan to how you want to go about it and will help you stay focused when you come upon a few complications and YOU WILL even if it's a small thing. No worries though, that's what's for, to help things run smoothly and stay organized.

You will know what type of customers you want, how much you want to charge, who will do your printing, distributing etc. If you don't know any of that and you jump into it without a plan then it could be costly. You could be spending your money and throwing it away. A good plan will help you stay profitable. Don't worry though, you don't need a degree or years of experience. Just simple common sense and a drive to work hard and smart and you'll do fine. Failing from time is during the process is not necessarily a bad thing as long as you learn something from it and it helps you run the business better. If you NOTHING and get discouraged easily after failing on certain tasks then that's bad. Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine.