This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Margaret Thatchers influence on politics in the current day?
11-19-2012, 02:18 AM
What is Margaret Thatchers influence on politics in the current day?
I need to right an essay on this for politics and no idea what to write, please help! X

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:26 AM

That old "Cow" Thatcher has her finger in every pie!!!

Ads

Rather than me writing screeds here - check out these articles.
Love her or hate her (!!) her influence still resonates today.

She was a Torie which in this country means GREED .

Margaret Thatcher was the start of the British government to only represent the rich and big Business at the cost of the poor.Each government after her has followed her example.Her aim was to demoralise and break the working class and the unions and with much success.To the wealthy she was a hero.To the low paid and the poor she was evil much like our present government.More tax loopholes for the rich were created in her temporary dictatorship than any other government and these are still there.

What we have in Politics nowadays, is a 'post-Thatcher consensus'.

That is, the agreement of the three parties on a wide range of issues; 'the efficiencies of privatisation' over nationalisation; entrepreneuralism; 'rugged individualism'; monitoring economic growth as a sign of a countries' progress; the notion of a safety net over a welfare state; monetarism; and an acceptance for free-market economics, amongst a great deal of over things.

On the other hand, it could be said that social-market elements have been incorporated into the Conservative Party since David Cameron became leader - that is, in other words - 'One Nation Conservatism'. Whilst Thatcherism deplored economic egalitarianism, One Nation Consevatism seeks to acknowledge the need for more equality and better protection for the poorest and most vulnerable of society. They're still not particularly left-wing, despite this viewpoint however.

If you need any further information, please tell me and I'll try and do what I can.

"We are all Thatcherites now."- Baron Mandelson, PC

Fuck us all over. I'm voting labour!

She's an example of how to get a country back on track after the Labour party have wrought their usual legacy of havoc and financial collapse.

Have a good look at our present and past two PM's as well as their parties, Lib/Lab/Cons. Margaret Thatcher reincarnated and the greed, theft, lies, and incompetence is still to the fore. Just that it is a bit more suppressive in its dealings with the citizens. Sort of the opposite of the BNP in who and what they represent which is only the top 5% of the wealthiest but there you go. They have all become Tories in their thinking and the way they do things. Why else do you think this country is in such dire straits, economically and socially?