This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get your foot in the door in the music indistry?
11-19-2012, 02:18 AM
How to get your foot in the door in the music indistry?
My friends an amazing singer. Has the same kinda music as James Blunt but shes in such a need of a opportunity. She's 23 and a good musician and even makes her own music videos. Anyone got any ideas how she can get her foot in the door in the music industry.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:27 AM

first of all, her heart to be completely in her music and the industry. the entertainment industry is what i'd consider a greedy institution where one's success in it is determined by the time, energy, and money they put into it. For starters, I would suggest that she move to LA or another big city and participate in as many gigs as possible while expanding her social network and connections. If she has any friends at universities who are majoring in business or marketing or something like that, tell her to reconnect with those individuals as they can come in handy. Also, tell her to create a facebook, myspace, and twitter account. Lots of people are becoming famous by being discovered on the internet. They dont call it the world wide web for nothing. Good luck!

Ads

11-19-2012, 02:27 AM

For every "great" famous singer, there are probably thousands of others who are just as good but never made it to the spotlight.

That's the entertainment business. First, of course, you have to possess the talent, and then becoming famous at it is about 99% pure luck.

Your friend is in good company.