This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are four major social issues in America right now?
11-19-2012, 02:18 AM
What are four major social issues in America right now?
I have to write an essay on four major social issues in America currently and say my view on them(liberal or conservative)
So, what are some juicy topics I could discuss?
Yes, I can think of four very quickly. Thanks for your help....

I just want some that doesn't come to my head right away. My teacher wants us to discover debates that we didn't know were happening. So, the ones I can debate are marriage equality and abortion...but what about others?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:27 AM

You should be able to think of four real quick.

Ads

abortion, us as global police-fighting in other countries, same sex marriage, the us budget deficit, etc etc...

Borders
Culture
Language
Free Speech

Abortion
Healthcare
Iraq
(find one on your own)

You're supposed to do this, right? Try to be original the teacher isn't. This gets done to death.

Joblessness
Homelessness
Single motherhood
Funding for non-profit agencies

Do we want America and Americans to remain an exceptional people

Do your own homework. You learn better that way. I will give you only one that's been prevalent for over a century, racism in America.

Two foreign wars, how to restructure our inequitable health care system, the appropriate federal response to failure of huge corporations, gay rights, credit card reform, term limits, warrantless surveillance, drug laws, abstinence-only sex "education", farm subsidies, eliminating our reliance on foreign oil, climate-change regulations, unemployment/outsourcing of American jobs and industries, immigration , Stewart vs Colbert.....

Tiffany, Harvard here answered it the best, because illegals are destroying our economy, ed, and health care system (Borders);

Language, because it's so much more than means of communication. Repugnant oppression of Americans in America by FORCING on us Spanish - is an assault and an insult:

Culture, because it's an underpinning of America that we love. Everybody is free to be whoever they are in the privacy of their homes, but NO ONE has the right to demand minarets and 9th century hijabs on women on our soil. It's an assault and insult. Culture of 800 billion/year of welfare produced millions of fatherless children and millions of parasites, which is fatal to the future of any free society;

Free speech goes without saying. It's our G-d and Constitution given right which fuhrer hussein obama and his goons aim to destroy. Thanks