This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think freedom of the press should be confined to reporting on politics and relevant social issues, and?
11-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Do you think freedom of the press should be confined to reporting on politics and relevant social issues, and?
not bombarding us with stories of useless and talentless celebrities....years ago when celebrities had talent, like the Rat Pack this would have been understandable, but constantly hearing about idiots like Beckham and the Spice Girls is irritating. It makes me think the media is without common sense or reponsibilty.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:27 AM

Nope. It all stays free, it is up to you to figure out what has value.

Ads

I agree on that, why on earth would people really want to read all the gossip, I just don`t understand
Not only that but some tabloids ton to publsh upskirt pictures
that soem blokes have been arrested for, different laws for the press?.
What should be stopped in the feeding frenzy of reporters/photographers trying to get a story, they want someone to give them a smack as it sells news papers.

It's like the other person said; people give it value. Teenage magazines are based on celebrities and looks, and it seems like they aren't having trouble selling anything. It's the people's fault, not the media's fault.

The media is very much market driven. While it may not appeal to you and me, the media would not be putting it out there if it wasn't making money for them.

I do believe there are responsibilities that come with a free press, but I'm reluctant to support anything that would diminish a free press.

I'm much more concerned about the amount of opinion on the Internet parading as fact and news.